PART ONE: Getting Started
- Apply to Roane State: go to Roane State web page, and click on "Apply Now" proceed with application process. Ensure to electronically sign Hepatitis B during application process. www.roanestate.edu/apply
- After your admissions application is accepted, anticipate RaiderNet Logon instructions via personal email, follow those instructions. Then continue checking your RaiderNet account for alerts & personal email for further admissions requirements and guidance. Once you are fully accepted to Roane State, then begin checking your RaiderNet email for further guidance and instructions. All communications must take place using your student email.
- To apply for your VA benefits (VA educational program) or updating an existing VA educational program, go to https://www.vets.gov/education/apply/ and click “Find your education benefits form--in the green box”.
NOTE: when applying for a VA educational program or changing your place of training to Roane State, ensure you provide banking info (for direct deposit), solid mailing address, submit electronically, take note of the confirmation number. To learn more about VA education benefits, go to Roane’s Veterans Services web site www.roanestate.edu/veterans
PART TWO: Admission Documents
- Provide Roane State Admissions and Records (276 Patton Ln, Harriman, TN 37748) with Final High School Transcripts and any Official College Transcripts (in sealed envelopes) from any prior institutions attended.
- In person to any of our satellite campuses or emailed directly to the Veteran Services Coordinator, provide proof of Citizenship via driver’s license or other government issued pictured ID’s
- Provide a copy of your DD-214 Member 4, which can satisfy all immunization requirements. One can email a copy to the Veteran Services Coordinator.
- If you are 21 years of age or older, ensure to schedule the Accuplacer entrance Placement Test. See all dates, times, locations and instructions for exam registration.
PART THREE: Financial Aid Requirements
Apply now for the FAFSA. Once submitted, always check RaiderNet account alerts and Roane State email for further Financial Aid outstanding requirements & guidance.
Further Guidance (read thoroughly):
- Upon completion of electronically submitting for your VA educational benefits, you should receive your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA in the mail. One can then email a copy to the Veteran Services Coordinator, you keep original. Always remember VA educational benefits only pay for classes which are under your declared major/curriculum of study. FAFSA financial aid (Pell grants) do not count impact your VA educational benefits. However, Tennessee Reconnect does count against your VA Post 9/11 benefits. For National Guard members, Tennessee Strong maybe available to you. Ask your unit administration if you qualify and how to go about applying. Tennessee Strong and Post 9/11 cannot be used at the same time for the same classes
- Always check your RaiderNet Account and Alerts, go to Roane State web page, at top click on "RaiderNet", log in. Always check your RaiderNet Email account as well, go to Roane State web page, at top click on "RaiderNet", log in, click on Email.
- Ensure to submit to Roane State all official copies of your final high school transcript or GED & all previous traditional colleges transcripts (in sealed envelopes), either mailed to our admissions department or mailed to you, keep in sealed envelope, then hand deliver to me OR one of our satellite campuses (most efficient).
- Provide a copy of your DD-214 member 4, military Joint Services Transcripts (JST) (JST's do not have to be official). To obtain your JST, visit web site: https://jst.doded.mil/smart/signIn.do For Airforce personnel, to obtain your Community College of the Airforce (CCAF) transcript, visit web site: http://www.airuniversity.af.mil/Barnes/CCAF/Display/Article/803247 CCAF transcripts are considered official transcripts, therefore will need to be received by our admissions department in sealed envelopes or officially digitally submitted.
- Remember, your DegreeWorks and our school Catalog are great references for your curriculum of study requirements and school policies.
Take responsibility for your education and future!
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998