The Roane County Lighting of the Tree at Roane State Community College which kicked off last year was a wonderful time for the entire family.
This year to benefit Roane State Community College student scholarships, we have added the Festival of Trees for school groups, churches, organizations, businesses and individuals to support Roane State Foundation. Net proceeds from the Festival of Trees will be placed in the Roane State Foundation General Scholarship Fund. Sponsored trees will be displayed on the outside veranda of the Vann Student Lounge located at the Dunbar Building, facing the soccer field.
Sign Up Here:
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS 2019
- November 12th Entry Deadline (Please return the Entry Form and $75 entry fee.)
- November 15th Your tree will be delivered to the front of the Vann Student Lounge at the Dunbar Building where the concrete round tables are located. We will secure your tree and place your sign with the name you provide on the form at the bottom of the tree.
- November 15th Power will be in place for the trees and decorating will take place.
- November 22nd (10 a.m.) All trees must be completed and ready for final power check by Roane State’s Physical Plant personnel.
- November 25th The Roane County Lighting of the Tree starts at 6 pm.
- All trees must have lights. Only miniature or “LED” lights are permitted. No more than three strands of lights per plug with a maximum of 500 lights per tree. Solar or battery powered lights are encouraged but not required. No flood lights allowed.
- All lights must be continuous burning. No blinking or chase lights on tree or tree toppers.
- You must check all lights at the site before placing them on the tree and again once they are on the tree before adding other decorations.
- Ribbons or similar indicators should be placed where each strand of lights begins and ends. This makes it much easier for you to locate a string of burned out lights. If a strand of lights become burned out throughout the duration of the event, you will be contacted and ask to replace the strand of lights.
- When possible, purchase lights that continue to burn even when one or more lights on the string burns out. Always have extra fuses or lights on hand in case lights burn out.
- You will be given 100 small green pipe cleaners (chenille stems) to secure ornaments/decorations to your tree. ALL tree décor and lighting must be secured to the tree using pipe cleaners or floral wire to guard against the effects of strong winds. Any unsecured ornaments that blow off the trees will be thrown away.
- WEATHERPROOF handcrafted or manufactured ornaments are accepted. Be cautious of ornaments that have a small hole on top which allows water to collect inside. These have a tendency to freeze and burst.
- Each tree should have a WEATHERPROOF tree skirt which can be secured. Oil cloth or plastic table covers work well.
- No icicles. No bread dough ornaments.
- Consider donating your decorated tree after the event to a shut-in, nursing home, or someone in need. Delivery will be the responsibility of the participant.
PARTICIPANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Completing and returning entry form and $75 entry fee by November 12th
- Purchase of all decorations, tree skirt and lights
- Securing lights and decorations to individual tree
- Trees can be picked up between December 6th after 3 pm and December 7th.
- Removal of all decorations and the tree by December 7th. If the trees are left on campus after the designated date, they will be recycled by Roane State’s Physical Plant personnel.
- A sturdy step stool or ladder to use while decorating is helpful.
ROANE STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- 6 foot cut tree with heavy duty tree stand
- Pipe cleaners (100) to be used to secure tree décor
- Placing and securing your tree
- Providing electrical hook-ups
- Removal of cut trees to be recycled after all decorations have been removed
- Signage for your tree
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998