Please read the following information carefully. Save or print this page for future reference.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum 2.5 GPA (some scholarships require a higher GPA)
- Resident of Tennessee
- You must have been accepted for admission to Roane State.
- You must complete your current FASFA.
- Scholarships are awarded annually with the award amounts credited to the student’s account each semester.
- Scholarships are not available for summer semester.
- Generally, students may receive only one Foundation scholarship per academic year.
- Students may only receive Foundation scholarships for a total of two years.
- Roane State Foundation scholarships are not awarded to students who have received a Bachelors Degree.
- Roane State Scholarship Committee has final authority regarding scholarship awards. The applicants name and personal information is not revealed to the Scholarship Review Committee. The Roane State Scholarship Selection Committee may authorize or withdraw scholarships at any time.
- Recipients will receive an award letter at their roanestate.edu email address listing requirements necessary to accept the scholarship and receive the scholarship funds. A thank-you letter must be uploaded into your application file before any awards are granted. Failure to submit the letter will results in cancellation of the scholarship which will be awarded to another applicant.
If you received a scholarship for the past academic year that is listed as ‘renewable’, you must reapply for the new academic year so that you will be considered for the scholarship once again. Applications for all renewable scholarships must be completed no later than April 1, 2014. If we have not received your application by April 1, 2014, the scholarship will be awarded to another applicant.
- You may apply for all scholarships for which you meet criteria requirements.
- Deadline for scholarships which are awarded at your high school Awards Night or Commencement services is April 11, 2014.
- Deadline for all music scholarship applications is also May 31, 2014.
- Deadline for all other scholarship applications is May 31, 2014.
- Deadline for the James Nathan Greene Memorial Scholarship is April 7, 2014.
If you have problems or questions regarding the application, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jeana Bradley in the Roane State Foundation Office at 865-354-3000, ext. 4422 or email: email@example.com.
Release of Information
In applying for, and accepting, a scholarship from the Roane State Foundation each recipient agrees that his/her grade point average and other pertinent information may be released for publicity purposes or correspondence related to the College or Foundation.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to check his/her Roane State RaiderNet email address for notification and acceptance of a Foundation scholarship and other correspondence from the Scholarship Specialist. Failure to complete award requirements will result in loss of scholarship and/or repayment of funds, if applicable. All award notices are sent through Roane State email only.
Roane State Foundation Office
(865) 354-3000 ext. 4422