Who Should Test?
- If you are 21 years of age or older, have a Tennessee High School Equivalency (HSE) Diploma, or you have not taken the ACT within the last 3 years, you will be required to take the COMPASS placement test.
- If you are under 21 years of age, ACT scores are required. A copy of your ACT score report should be submitted to the RSCC Admissions Office.
- If you are transferring from another college and have successfully completed college-level English, Math and certain lecture courses, you may be exempt from testing in certain areas, or you may be exempt from the entire COMPASS placement test.
1. Prior To Your Test Date
- You must have your application for admission to RSCC on file with the Admissions Office.
- You must have all previous college transcripts sent to, received and processed by the Records Office.
- Reservations for the test should be made by calling the Roane State campus on which you plan to test, see below for more information on registering for the COMPASS.
2. Register for the COMPASS Test
- To register for the COMPASS Test, please contact the campus, listed below, most convenient for you.
3. On Your Test Date
- You will receive a COMPASS Admission ticket on the day of the test.
- Please note that testing begins at the stated times below. Late arrivals may be denied testing until another scheduled test date.
- The Testing Center will provide calculators for testing.
- The COMPASS test is a computer adaptive test and the results will be used to determine if Learning Support classes are required.
- The test is untimed. Two (2) hours are usually sufficient to complete all parts of the COMPASS.
4. After Your Test Date
- Test scores will not be given out over the phone. Please contact Records should you need a copy of your COMPASS transcript.
Roane County Campus Testing Dates
Room T-203, 276 Patton Lane, Harriman, TN 37748
Register: Counseling - Harriman Campus, (865) 882-4546
|Wednesday, October 12, 2016
|Wednesday, November 9, 2016
|Monday, November 14, 2016
|Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Oak Ridge Campus Testing Dates
Room F-103, 701 Briarcliff Avenue, Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Register: Counseling - Oak Ridge Campus, (865) 481-2000 ext. 2003
|Tuesday, October 4, 2016
|Thursday, October 20, 2016
|Thursday, November 10, 2016
|Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Cumberland County Campus Testing Dates
2567 Cook Road, Crossville, TN 38571
Register: (931) 456-9880
Cumberland hours are in Central Time.
|Thursday, November 3, 2016
||4:00 PM CT
|Thursday, November 17, 2016
||1:00 PM CT
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998