Roane State Community College
> COMPASS (Computer Adaptive Placement Assessment)
COMPASS (Computer Adaptive Placement Assessment)
PLEASE NOTE: AS OF DECEMBER 1, 2016, COMPASS PLACEMENT TESTING IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. ACCUPLACER WILL REPLACE COMPASS BEGINNING JANUARY 2, 2017. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND SCHEDULING WILL BE FORTHCOMING. PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK OUR WEBPAGE FOR THESE IMPORTANT UPDATES.
Who Should Test?
- If you are 21 years of age or older, have a Tennessee High School Equivalency (HSE) Diploma, or you have not taken the ACT within the last 3 years, you will be required to take the COMPASS placement test.
- If you are under 21 years of age, ACT scores are required. A copy of your ACT score report should be submitted to the RSCC Admissions Office.
- If you are transferring from another college and have successfully completed college-level English, Math and certain lecture courses, you may be exempt from testing in certain areas, or you may be exempt from the entire COMPASS placement test.
1. Prior To Your Test Date
- You must have your application for admission to RSCC on file with the Admissions Office.
- You must have all previous college transcripts sent to, received and processed by the Records Office.
- Reservations for the test should be made by calling the Roane State campus on which you plan to test, see below for more information on registering for the COMPASS.
2. On Your Test Date
- You will receive a COMPASS Admission ticket on the day of the test.
- Please note that testing begins at the stated times below. Late arrivals may be denied testing until another scheduled test date.
- The Testing Center will provide calculators for testing.
- The COMPASS test is a computer adaptive test and the results will be used to determine if Learning Support classes are required.
- The test is untimed. Two (2) hours are usually sufficient to complete all parts of the COMPASS.
3. After Your Test Date
- Test scores will not be given out over the phone. Please contact Records should you need a copy of your COMPASS transcript.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998