Roane State Community College
Optical Clinic Hours
Roane State Eyeglass Shop
Students in Roane State’s Opticianry Program, under the direct supervision of licensed instructors, operate an on-campus optical clinic.
- This clinic, located in T-209 on the Harriman Campus, is open to RSCC students and employees, as well as, their family and friends.
- Persons wishing to purchase glasses must come in during posted clinic hours and bring with them a current written prescription from their eye doctor. Roane State Optical Clinic does not provide eye exams or contact lenses.
- Patients should come in toward the beginning of the clinic so that the student optician has sufficient time to complete their work.
- Most eyeglass frames are available at no charge and the lenses, coatings etc. are priced at wholesale. The actual cost depends on the patient’s prescription, lens design and other options. We have computer glasses, children’s glasses, progressive lenses, prescription sunglasses, safety glasses and all types of specialty glasses.
- Patients will need to return, usually in 2 to 3 weeks, for a second visit to pick up their glasses. At this time, the student will dispense the glasses and be graded on the project.
Spring 2016 Clinic Hours
The clinic operates during fall and spring semesters only.
- Tuesday: 9:45 am - 12:30 pm
- Thursday: 9:45 am - 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm - 4:15 pm
Appointments may be made during clinic hours by calling: 865-882-4635.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998