Roane State Community College
Go Here. Get There.
RaiderNet    Momentum    A-Z Index    Contact Us

Roane State Community College

Advising Resource Center (ARC)
Find Advisor/Change Major/Change Advisor
Find Advisor/Change Major/Change Advisor

The Advising Resource Center staff is comprised of “general” advisors who can assist students after they have been accepted to Roane State.

You will be assigned a faculty advisor who specializes in your major or program of study. The advisor assignment will remain the same unless you change your major or your faculty advisor is reassigned. This could mean that the advisor is located at a campus other than the one the student attends. You should contact your advisor through e-mail, phone consultation, individual or group meetings.

When Are Advisors Assigned?

Advisors are assigned during your first month of classes, as long as your major is a degree or certificate.

If your major is non-degree seeking (usually the major contains the word "special"), you will not be assigned a faculty advisor.

Find Your Advisor and Major

Your major and your advisor's name and contact information are right at the top of RaiderNet after you have logged in.  Example:

Need to Change Your Major?

If your major is not accurate on this screen, you can click on the "Change" link below your advisors name. Once your change of major is processed, you will be assigned a new faculty advisor appropriate for your new major.

Need a Different Advisor?

Students have the option of requesting a change of advisor by completing the Change of Advisor Form. Please complete, sign, and return the form to the front office at the campus you attend or you can fax it to (865) 882-4683.

Other Questions?

Contact the Advising Resource Center at 865-882-4597 or e-mail us at


Contact Us!  Mobile Site  © Roane State Community College