Roane State Community College
Policy Number: AA-05-01
Subject: Academic Council
The purpose of the Academic Council is to ensure that Roane State's courses, programs and related policies meet the needs of its stakeholders while maintaining consistent quality standards with college mission and goals, complying with Academic Council Bylaws, Tennessee Board of Regents and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) requirements in accordance with the bylaws.
The membership of the Academic Council consists of representation from faculty and administration by virtue of the following positions:
- Vice President Student Learning, Chair
- Dean (of each academic division)
- Director of Records/Registration
- President of the Faculty Senate
- Director of Library Services
- Faculty Representative(s) – (Appointed representatives should be from academic divisions not represented by the Faculty Senate President)
- Student Representative(s) – 2
- Director of Counseling or Counseling Representative
- Director of Advising / Articulation
- Data Analyst, Institutional Research
- Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness and Research/SACSCOC Liaison Officer
Meetings will be held according to the following guidelines:
- Should have standing monthly time subject to cancellation for lack of agenda items.
- Special called meetings with 1 (one) week notice.
- Rules of Order
- Quorum: A majority (half plus one) of the entire membership.
- Proxy: A voting member may designate a proxy with full voting privilege.
- Parliamentary authority: Robert's Rules of Order, current edition.
- Submission of Items for Consideration: Request for agenda items will be sent to Academic Council two weeks prior to the meeting date.
- Submission of items of consideration and support material: Support material should be submitted by Academic Council member no later than one week before the meeting date in order to be distributed to council members (4 days) prior to the meeting.
- Minutes: Will be taken at each meeting and be placed on the network for viewing no later than one week after the meeting. The minutes will remain in draft form until approval by the council at its next regularly scheduled meeting.
Revision History: 11/08/1999, 02/12/2007, 05/05/2008, 05/08/2015
Revision Date Effective: 05/08/2015
Revision Approval By: Christopher L. Whaley, President
Original Date Effective: 02/15/1999
Original Approval By: Sherry L. Hoppe, President
Office Responsible: Vice President Student Learning
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998