Roane State Community College
Policy Number: GA-16-02
Subject: Letterhead Stationery
The Institutional guidelines for printing and use of letterhead stationery are derived from TBR Guideline No. G-090.
- The Office of Public Information shall approve the printing and purchase of all letterhead stationery and note cards bearing the name of the institution, and this office will be responsible for monitoring implementation of these guidelines.
- The following shall apply to all stationery printed or purchased with institutional funds:
All stationery envelopes shall be printed in one or two-color ink on 24 pound white or colored wove or laid paper, in standard sizes, with the name and address of the institution/school printed in the upper left corner in accordance with postal regulations.
All cards/notes shall be printed on 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (fold or flat) white, 80 lb. text or 65 lb. card stock. Names of offices or individual titles may be printed; however, no individual names may be printed on the cards. A-2 matching envelopes are to be used. Matched sets (stocks/envelopes) purchased for special projects are to be approved by Public Information prior to purchase.
- All letterhead shall be printed on 8 1/2" x 11" or smaller, standard size, 20 or 24-pound white or colored paper with a bond, wove or laid finish, No. 4 grade, with or without watermark, with 25% or less cotton fiber.
- All letterhead shall be printed in one or two-color ink.
- The institution/area school name shall appear at the top or bottom of the page.
- Names of offices or individual titles, addresses, and phone numbers may be printed on letterhead; however, no individual names may be printed on letterhead.
- All letterhead shall be offset printed, whether by the institution/school, the state, or commercial printer, without benefit of any engraving, thermo graphic printing, or any form of raised letter printing.
- As an alternative to letterhead stationery, less expensive inter-office memoranda should be used for on-campus or informal correspondence. All inter-office memoranda, regardless of overall size shall be printed without individuals' names.
Revision History: 07/01/1990, 05/24/1996
TBR Guideline Reference: G-090
Revision Date Effective: 05/24/1996
Revision Approval By: Sherry L. Hoppe, President
Original Date Effective: 01/11/1988
Original Approval By: Cuyler A. Dunbar, President
Office Responsible: Vice President Advancement and Community Relations
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998