Announcing Our Second Edition
Michael Hudson and Abby Griffith of the Learning Center are pleased to announce the 3rd Edition of Roane State's arts magazine, the RaScal!
Download PDF Copies of Previous Edition
What is the "Rascal"?
The word "rascal" reflects our perception that effective artists rebel against the status quo and shake things up a little!
The new magazine is published in an online format, enabling us to accept a wider variety of art forms than was possible in the past (i.e. videos, songs, etc.). Depending on the submissions we receive, we incorporate work from students, faculty, staff, and community members in Roane State's service area. We realy enjoy showing off the creativity of Roane State's most talented artists!
Check out our official site at http://roanestaterascal.org !!!!
Submissions from students, faculty, and community members are are ONLY accepted from April 1 through May 15th of each year. Please be sure that you read the guidelines below before you submit your work!
- All submissions should be your creative, original work and must be sent to: RSCCrascal@gmail.com.
- Each artist must limit him/herself to 3 submissions.
- For large files that cannot be attached to an e-mail, please contact Abby Griffith (Harriman) at 865-354-3000 ext. 4329 or Michael Hudson (Oak Ridge) at 865-481-2000 ext. 2326.
- Multiple submissions from the same artist are acceptable. Limit three!
- We welcome faculty, staff, and community member submissions, as well as submissions from students.
- Song submissions should either be a video of the artist(s) playing the song or a sound file (such as an .mp3).
- All artists will be notified by e-mail once we receive your materials.
- Please allow at least 6 weeks for us to consider your submission. We will make every effort to contact you once we've made a decision, regardless of whether or not your piece has been chosen. We appreciate your patience!