Roane State Community College
Policy Number: GA-18-04
Subject: Web Publishing
- Institutional Pages
- The official Roane State Community College web site serves two primary purposes:
- to serve as the primary public relations, marketing and recruiting vehicle for the college. It is intended to provide prospective students a means of accessing the information necessary for enrolling as a student at Roane State.
- to provide the faculty, staff, current students, alumni, and the community at large information about the college that may be of interest.
- The Webmasters have primary responsibility for the format and appearance of the web site; the Public Relations Office has responsibility for content review.
- Faculty and Staff Personal Web Pages
- Roane State faculty and staff are encouraged to publish and maintain their own personal web pages. The college is not responsible for personal online content. In addition, the college reserves the right to revoke the privilege of web publishing from anyone at any time. This would generally occur only when a person publishes content that would be considered offensive, a copyright violation or contrary to the nature and vision of Roane State Community College. Official Roane State Community College logos may not be used on these pages.
- Technical assistance relating to personal home pages is generally not available from the Webmasters or IT although every effort will be made to provide assistance if needed.
- All pages should:
- be kept up to date with accurate information.
- be free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- contain no illegal copyrighted materials.
- All web pages are subject to the Ethical and Responsible Use of Computer Resources policy, GA-18-01. Access the complete detailed RSCC Policy GA-18-01 at www.roanestate.edu/policies/.
- Users may not incorporate into web pages or other electronic documents the trademarks or logos of others without express written permission of the owner.
- Persons who are not employees of an institution may not make use of institutional trademarks or logos without express written permission.
- Use of institutional trademarks or logos by employees must be authorized by the president or his/her designee.
- The Public Relations staff will regularly review the Institutional Web Site and make recommendations for changes. These changes will be reviewed and made by the page owners.
- Major changes will be approved by the President's Cabinet.
Revision History: 02/09/2009, 11/11/2014
TBR Guideline Reference: G-054
Revision Date Effective: 11/11/2014
Revision Approval By: Gary Goff, President
Original Date Effective: 01/26/2004
Original Approval By: Wade B. McCamey, President
Office Responsible: Vice President Advancement and Community Relations
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998