Middle College is a partnership between Roane County Schools and Roane State Community College.
Please note that the ACT Residual is strictly for admission to and class placement for Roane State. Test scores will not be released to high schools, universities, educational facilities, or scholarship agencies.
Registering for the Roane State ACT Residual
Roane County students who are interested in pursuing candidacy in Roane State's Roane County Middle College and wish to take the Roane State ACT Residual need to follow the special registration steps as listed.
- Candidates MUST apply to Roane State and be issued a Roane State ID number (R#). Roane State will not be able to approve ACT Residual testing for a candidate without a R#.
- Decide on an ACT Residual test date listed below. The testing dates will all be administered by the Testing Center at the Roane State Campus in Harriman and will begin promptly at 9:00 am EST in room T-203.
- Register for the test date by clicking on the Register Online Now icon.
- Once you have registered for an ACT Residual date you will need to pay the $40 admin fee. The fee can be paid in person at the Roane State Campus in Harriman or Oak Ridge Campus Business office (cash, check, money order, debit or credit card accepted) or by phone (865) 882-4515 using a credit or debit card. When paying for the exam tell the cashier that you are registered for the ACT Residual and need to pay the $40 admin fee. Once your fee has been paid, please ask for a receipt; or if you are paying by phone ask the cashier to mail or email you a receipt. The receipt is absolutely necessary – you will be required to present the receipt to the proctor on the day of your exam. If you do not have a receipt, the proctor has been instructed not to allow you to take the exam. Hold on to your receipt.
- If you have any problems with registering, please contact Jill Robbins at (865) 882-4678 or by email at email@example.com.
|Saturday, May 13, 2017
||9:00 AM EST
On Test Day
You need to bring:
- An acceptable form of ID. Only the following forms of identification are acceptable. If it is not on the list, it is not acceptable, and you will not be admitted to test.
- Current (valid) official photo ID: Must be issued by your school or city/state/federal government (such as driver's license or passport) on which both your first and last names and photo appear. The names on your photo ID must match the names you provided when you registered for the ACT. ACT Name Requirements
- ACT Student Identification Letter with Photo: You must present the ACT Student Identification Letter. It must be completed by a school official or notary public. The official or notary may not be a relative. All items must be completed.
- If your school or government issued ID is not in a hard plastic card format, use an ACT Student Identification letter in lieu of or in addition to your school or government issued ID.
- Your receipt of payment for the $40 administration fee.
- You may bring a non-printing, non-graphing calculator for use during the test. If you are unsure if your calculator is appropriate, see the ACT Calculator page. A limited number of basic calculators are available at the Testing Center.
- No. 2 pencils and scratch paper will be provided.
Be prepared to stay 3.5 to 4 hours for the duration of the test. Late arrivals may be denied testing. ACT Residual examinees are required to take the full battery of tests, meaning you must be present for all four subtests even if you only need to increase your score in one.
After Test Day
Your Roane State ACT Residual scores will be available 3 - 5 business days after test day. The results will be forwarded to the appropriate Roane State Middle College officials and a copy will be mailed to you.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998