RSCC Policies & Guidelines
Roane State Community College
Policy Number: SA-05-01
Subject: Individual Student Performances for Organizations or College-Related Events
The music and theatre departments are pleased to have the opportunity to display individual student's talents and give them valuable experience via invitations to perform for various college and organizational functions, on and off campus. For many of these occasions, particularly when the event is local and at a convenient time, the students are willing and anxious to provide a solo, or more than one musical/theatrical performance. In the event that extended services are needed, certain guidelines need to be followed to guarantee complete communication in regard to specific conditions surrounding the performance. The following is a list of such guidelines that will be most helpful:
- The request for a performance should be made directly to the Music Coordinator or Theatrical Director.
- Ample notice should be given, preferably a minimum of two weeks, if at all possible, to make necessary arrangements, and to ensure a quality performance. If ample notice is not given, or if a schedule conflict exists, the request may be denied.
- If an extended performance is required (ex. keyboard music for an entire evening, or travel and transporting of equipment is necessary, or purchase of music is needed), a fee will be arranged through the office of the Music Coordinator or Theatrical Director. This fee will vary with the requirements of the performance and the level and experience of the performer. Method of payment should also be addressed.
- Times of arrival and departure will need to be communicated in writing and any physical arrangements for the performance will be the responsibility of the organization requesting the performance. Assistance may be needed in unloading equipment, checkinglighting, adjusting space requirements, testing acoustics, providing rehearsal time, and unlocking facilities or making them available prior to the event. These considerations are necessary for a good performance.
- Any arrangement for meals should be communicated. If students are given a free lunch or dinner for their services, or in addition to the fee, they should be treated in the same manner as other guests.
- These students will respond positively with some acknowledgment in the form of an introduction, or a word of thanks at the close of the performance.
- Any problems that arise should be conveyed to the Music Coordinator or Theatrical Director.
Revision History: 07/01/1990, 06/18/2007, 06/08/2016
Revision Date Effective: 06/08/2016
Revision Approval By: Christopher L. Whaley, President
Original Date Effective: 10/25/1989
Original Approval By: Sherry L. Hoppe, President
Office Responsible: Vice President Student Learning
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998