Roane State Community College
Policy Number: GA-21-01
Subject: Smoking and Tobacco Product Use
Roane State Community College has established, as allowed by legislation, a policy on smoking and use of tobacco products on campus. This policy is as follows:
- Smoking and the use of other tobacco products is prohibited in all college buildings and indoor facilities, campus grounds and walkways, and all areas where non-smokers cannot avoid environmental smoke. Other tobacco products include electronic cigarettes (e-cig or e-cigarette), personal vaporizer (PV), or electronic nicotine delivery system (ENDS) that are battery powered devices which simulate tobacco smoking. Appropriate signage will be posted designating the campus as non-smoking.
- A small smoking area will be provided for employees and students in designated areas of the parking lot for the Roane County and Oak Ridge campuses and at designated areas for each satellite location.
- Smoking or use of other tobacco products is prohibited inside any college vehicle.
- Enforcement of this policy for staff will be the primary responsibility of supervisors. Roane State police officers and security guards will be responsible for enforcement at public events. Student offenders will be referred to the Dean of Students if disciplinary action is deemed necessary. All college personnel have the authority to enforce this policy.
- This policy will be widely communicated through standard institutional communication channels.
- The sale of any products containing tobacco is prohibited on all property owned or controlled by the Tennessee Board of Regents and its institutions.
Revision History: 10/10/1988, 10/01/1989, 03/23/1990, 01/01/1991, 05/13/1996, 12/16/1996, 03/03/2003, 10/20/2003, 06/04/2007, 10/26/2009, 06/01/2010, 09/11/2014
TBR Policy Reference: 3:05:01:01
Revision Date Effective: 04/11/2017
Revision Approval By: Christopher L. Whaley, President
Original Date Effective: 08/05/1987
Original Approval By: Cuyler A. Dunbar, President
Office Responsible: Vice President Student Affairs & Workforce Development
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998