Roane State Community College
Roane State campuses are closed for the holidays. Campuses will reopen Jan. 5. Happy holidays!
A student in grade 9 or 10 who has been classified as "academically gifted" by evaluation through the multi-disciplinary team process may earn college credit while in high school. To be eligible for the program the applicant must have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) which approves specific college courses. Students will only be allowed to to register for courses designated on the IEP.
To enroll as an Academically Gifted student applicants should:
- Submit an application for admission.
- Complete an application for the Academically Gifted program.
- Have a grade-point average of 3.2 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Obtain approval from the high school principal and the Director of Student Enrollment and Recruitment.
- Submit a copy of the student’s IEP showing those courses or a list of the approved courses from a school official must be sent to the Director of Student Enrollment and Recruitment before registration will be allowed. In lieu of the IEP, official letters from the secondary administration, specifically listing recommended college courses will be accepted.
- Submit a high school transcript.
*Home-schooled students should contact the Student Enrollment Office for instructions regarding the Academically Gifted category.
© Roane State Community College