Roane State Community College
A degree-seeking applicant who has attended another college or university will be considered a transfer student.
- Submit an application for admission.
- Transcripts from all previously attended institutions should be mailed directly to the Admissions and Records Office. Transcripts are not accepted from students. An evaluation of college credit will be completed. An official high school transcript or High School Equivalency (HSE) scores must also be submitted. Until official copies of all college transcripts have been received and evaluated by the Admissions and Records office, the student may not be eligible to receive Financial Aid.
- Transfer students who have successfully completed a college-level English and mathematics course are exempt from the academic placement (Accuplacer) test. Students who have completed neither, or only one, of these college-level courses will be required to take one or more parts of the COMPASS test. Transfer students whose ACT or SAT scores demonstrate appropriate levels may be exempt from parts of the COMPASS test. NOTE: Only ACT or SAT scores less than three years old as of the first day of the first term of enrollment will be used to determine exemption status.
- Transfer students age 21 and older, who have less than 60 semester hours of credit, will have their course records evaluated for proof of competency in the areas of reading, writing, and mathematics. Students lacking college course work in these areas will be required to undergo placement assessment. Enrollment in courses indicated by results of the assessment is mandatory.
- Learning Support course work taken at other TBR institutions will be posted to the student’s RSCC transcript and will be considered in determining the number of attempts.
- All transfer students with 60 or more semester hours will be exempt from placement testing.
- Transfer applicants who do not meet the Roane State retention standards or whose last term of enrollment resulted in academic suspension may be required to undergo placement assessment. Enrollment in the courses indicated by results of the assessment is mandatory.
- Transfer applicants whose last term of attendance resulted in academic suspension and who are currently serving a suspension at another institution must meet with the Admission and Retention Committee to request admission. If admission is recommended by the committee, the applicant may be required to undergo placement assessment as noted in section 3 above.
- Credits for courses not corresponding with the curriculum at Roane State may be entered on the transcript as elective credit. All credit will be posted within the first term of enrollment.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998