Roane State Community College
> Channel 15
Mass Communication Courses
To view course descriptions for mass communications courses currently offered at Roane State, please view the Catalog.
Mass Communications is a broad area of study that will expose students to:
- written, verbal and video communication techniques
- critical and logical thinking
- print, broadcast and online media
- the historical development of modern communication and media
- curriculum that prepares students for bachelor's degree completion at any one of Tennessee's colleges or universities through the Tennessee Transfer Pathway
Students will be introduced to:
- essay writing
- in-depth research skills leading to preparation of topical and argumentative writing
- verbal communication skills
- examination of various forms of media and their impact on society
- guiding business principles useful in all professional careers
Selected Career Opportunities and Earning Potential
An education in mass communications can prepare students to work in print, broadcast or online media, public relations, advertising and many more exciting fields.
||Median Annual Salary
|Journalist / Reporter I
|Communications Editor I
|Public Relations Manager
*Data taken from www.salary.com for positions in the Knoxville, TN, area as of September 2011. This salary data is offered for informational purposes only. Neither Roane State Community College nor its faculty or staff make promises or representations otherwise. Further education and/or certifications may be required to qualify for some positions.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998