Courses That May Be Taken With a Reading Learning Support Requirement
For students who scored lower than a 19 on the ACT reading portion or below 85 on the Accuplacer reading exam and placed into READ 0562, the list below shows the courses that can be taken with a Reading Learning Support requirement.
- HUM 262: Great Works - Introduction to Humanities*
- PSYC 1030: General Psychology*
- ALH 119: Keyboarding for Allied Health Science
- Any ARTP course: Art Studio courses**
- BUSN 1305: Introduction to Business
- BUSN 1362: Document Creation and Design
- BUSN 1125: Introduction to Computer Presentation***
- BUSN 1126: Business Spreadsheet Fundamentals***
- BUSN 2350: Organizational Behavior
- BUSN 2390: Business Presentations
- COLS 1010: SOS - Study, Organize, Succeed
- ECED 1310: Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- ECED 2300: The Mentoring Teacher
- ECED 2312: Administration of Child Care Centers
- ECED 2375: Socio-Emotional Development
- ECED 2390: Creative Development
- HEA 221: Safety, First Aid, and CPR
- HIMT 1300: Medical Terminology
- HIMT 1301: Introduction to Health Information Management
- INFS 1010: Computer Applications
- MGT 200: Foundations of Business
- MUS 140: Fundamentals of Music**
- Any PHED course***
- SERV 1010: Service Learning Practicum
- SPCH 1010: Fundamentals of Speech Communication
- THEA 2510: Theatre Production Practicum I**/***
*READ 0562 must be taken concurrently with either HUM 262 or PSYC 1030 (E sections) which are the college credit bearing co-requisite classes.
**This course will NOT satisfy a Humanities elective.
***This course is below 3 credit hours.