Students in Roane State’s Opticianry Program, under the direct supervision of licensed instructors, operate an on-campus optical shop.
This clinic, located in T-209 on the main campus in Harriman, is open to Roane State students and employees as well as their family and friends. The clinic operates during fall and spring semesters only.
The clinic will be open Sept. 12-Nov. 9.
- Tuesday: 8:30 a.m.-11:15 a.m.
- Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-11:15 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.-4:15 p.m.
- Persons wishing to purchase glasses must come in during posted clinic hours and bring with them a current written prescription (less than one year old) from their eye doctor. Roane State Optical Clinic does not provide eye exams or contact lenses.
- Appointments may be made during clinic hours by calling (865) 882-4635.
- Patients should come in toward the beginning of the clinic, so that the student optician has sufficient time to complete their work.
- Patients will need to return, usually in 2 to 3 weeks, for a second visit to pick up their glasses. At this time, the student will dispense the glasses and be graded on the project.
- Most eyeglass frames are available at no charge and the lenses, coatings etc. are priced at wholesale. The actual cost depends on the patient’s prescription, lens design and other options. Computer glasses, children’s glasses, progressive lenses, prescription sunglasses, safety glasses and all types of specialty glasses are available.
For additional information, please contact Mike Goggin, firstname.lastname@example.org, (865) 354-3000 ext. 4319.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998