Friday, March 15, 2019 at the O’Brien Theatre on the Roane County campus.
Reception at 5:30 PM, screening at 6:00 PM.
Free admission and open to the public.
At the end of the screening ceremony, the filmmaker(s) behind the audience’s favorite student-produced film will receive a prize.
- The registration deadline is Friday, March 8, 2019 at 5 PM Eastern. (See following form.)
- The film submission deadline is Monday, March 11, 2019 at 5 PM Eastern.
You will receive information by email on how to submit your film after you register below.
Rules, terms, and other information
- Current students, staff, and faculty of Roane State Community College are invited to submit original short films (1-8 minutes). The film festival is open to all students – full-time, part-time, Middle College, dual enrollment, traditional, non-traditional, online, and so on – of any major.
- The format is up to you. Consider narratives, comedies, dramas, documentaries, parodies, music videos, stop motion, and other formats. Be creative, and show off your skills!
- There is no topic or theme for the film festival this year, so entrants are free to pursue the topics or themes of their choice. Entrants are encouraged to keep the content of their films representative of Roane State. Committee members will screen entries in advance and reserve the right to reject entries that include explicit content.
- All films submitted must have been produced in 2018 or 2019.
- Submissions can come from individuals or groups. Submissions may also be entered in other events such as Roane State’s honors forum or student diversity competition.
- Each filmmaker may submit up to two films in total. Video content must be original. Entrants must secure permission to use any non-original audio content. More information on fair use.
- Video quality should be in high definition for theatre screening purposes. Entrants might consider using video cameras on their own smart devices or professional equipment as well as editing software such as iMovie or Quik. Submissions in a language other than English must be fully subtitled in English.
- Submissions may be used to help promote future film festivals at Roane State. Entrants retain ownership and copyright of their films.
If you have questions, contact Dr. Matt Waters, Associate Professor of Mass Communications, at email@example.com or ext. 4429.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998