In an effort to provide greater work schedule flexibility for Administrative and Support Staff, effective July 1, 1991 the college will grant all full-time staff the opportunity to flex their working hours in accordance with TBR policy 5.01.01.20 Alternate Work Arrangements. Supervisors will be responsible for scheduling work hours and providing the appropriate documentation for timekeeping and leave reporting pursuant to the Fair Labor Standards Act, Tennessee Board of Regents policies and guidelines and Roane State Community College policies. Employees needing close departmental supervision are not eligible to participate in the program.
The following guidelines will be used to administer the program:
- The hours from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, are the normal scheduled hours when all non-shift employees shall normally complete their daily and weekly basic work requirements.
- The hours from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. are deemed core hours when full-time employees shall normally be present for work or absent on their scheduled lunch hour which must occur between the hours of 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m..
- The hours from 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a m. and 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. are the flexible hours when full-time employees can elect their times of arrival and departure.
- Excluding overtime hours, employee are required to either work or account for, by leave or other means, 7.5 hours per day, 37.5 hours per week. For Support Staff employees, overtime hours will be approved and compensated in accordance with the regular overtime and compensatory time policy.
- Employees subject to the Flex Time program must submit a Request for Work Schedule Change to their immediate supervisor. All offices must be covered from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Supervisors must ensure coverage and have the right to reserve 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. schedules for specific positions and work areas.
- Tennessee Board of Regents Policy TBR 5:01:00:00 states that full-time Administrative employees shall be required to devote sufficient time to complete their assigned duties.
- Each employee participating in the Flex Time Program must ensure that any outside employment is in compliance with Policy TBR 5:01:05:00.
- Employees subject to the Flex Time Program who do not submit a Request for Work Schedule Change for approval will work Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a one hour lunch break.
- A work schedule must be maintained for at least three (3) months once it is established. Exceptions can he made for professional development travel, travel to meetings, or educational programs and will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Personnel actions resulting from this program are not subject to the Complaint or Grievance Procedure.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998