There are four (4) main components of testing services offered by Roane State Testing Centers. The Testing Centers at the Main Campus (Harriman) and the Oak Ridge Branch Campus offer all of the services below. Testing services on individual satellite campuses vary in what and when services are provided. It is suggested that you check the Roane State Testing Centers webpage prior to approving any student for proctored testing through the RSCC Testing Centers.
- Proctored testing for Distance Education Learning (D2L) program for RSCC web classes.
- Scheduling and providing proctors on all sites for RSCC IDEA/ZOOM Room courses that prefer proctored testing.
- Coordination of TN eCampus testing (offered ONLY at the Main Campus (Harriman) and Oak Ridge).
- A broad scope of special testing services including: ACCUPLACER, ACT Residual, HiSET (formally GED), Nursing & Allied Health Pre-Admission (HESI, LPN Challenge & TEAS), Exit Exams (ETS, BGE & Criminal Justice) and Disability Accommodations.
An additional service of the Testing Centers, on a limited basis, provides for make-up testing. If you are unable to accommodate make-up testing during office hours or through other arrangements, the Testing Center staff will assist in proctoring tests for students who have missed a test due to a legitimate medical or personal reason or who have an excused absence due to participation in a RSCC sponsored event. Appropriate action will be taken if the Testing Center staff feels a student and/or instructor is using Testing Services in an inappropriate fashion. The Testing Center is not available for regular (traditional lecture) classroom testing. Specific instructions, outlined below, are required for any make-up testing requested by RSCC Faculty.
Instructor Make-Up Testing Requirements
- Instructors MUST Complete the Exam Authorization Form for EACH student you send to the Testing Center for make-up testing. Instructor Forms are available below.
- Make-up tests will be returned to you via campus mail to your preferred location, which you will indicate on the Examination Authorization Form, the day after the student completes the make-up test. Please do not ask the Testing Center staff to scan, email or fax the completed test to you. Most of our satellite proctors do not have access to a scanner or access codes necessary to email the information. If a make-up test isn’t completed within two (2) weeks it will be returned to you. Tests will not be maintained in Testing Centers for more than two (2) weeks.
- Exam Authorization Forms must be submitted with the make-up test, and any required/necessary attachment (such as formula sheets and/or visual aids*) in a sealed envelope, at least three days prior to the scheduled test date. Use campus mail to submit your test. You should address your outgoing mail based on which campus your student requests make-up testing accommodations. (*Visual aids, in the form of PowerPoint presentations, pictures, computer hyperlinks, etc., MUST be printed out, in color, if necessary, and included with the make-up test. Campus proctors do NOT have access to a color printer.)
Please address your envelope exactly as follows (this alerts our courier and Site Directors that this is mail that needs to be delivered to our proctor immediately):
|Main Campus (Harriman)
||Amber Cook / ATTN: TESTING CENTER / ROCO
||Jill Robbins / ATTN: TESTING CENTER / ORBC
||Stan Tabor / ATTN: TESTING CENTER / Cumberland
- For security reasons: Please do not leave testing materials under the Testing Center doors. Also, if at all possible, please do not interrupt proctors during regular DEL open testing hours to make testing arrangements, pick up tests or send a student for make-up testing without prior exam authorization. These activities are very disruptive for students who are already testing and to the proctor’s surveillance.
- Instructors should advise any student who wishes to make-up an exam in the Testing Centers that open testing days and times vary at RSCC Testing Center locations. Students should go to the Testing Center webpage to confirm availability. Furthermore, students should be aware of RSCC Testing Center Policy and Procedure (found at same link). Make-up test students MUST present a government or school photo ID (driver’s license, state photo ID, military ID, Passport or student ID from Roane State) before they will be allowed to test, this rule is STRICTLY enforced.
- Instructors and students should be aware that ABSOLUTELY no electronic devices are permitted in any RSCC Testing Center. Students are NOT ALLOWED to use mobile phones, smart-phones, laptops, tablets, person computers, wrist devices or any other form of electronic technology in the Testing Centers – STUDENTS CANNOT USE ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED ITEMS FOR A CALCULATOR.
- Within the above noted scope of restrictions, Instructors and students need to be cognizant of the RSCC Testing Center ‘open book’ policy. Instructors who allow open book exams should inform their students that, due to the electronic device restriction enforced in all RSCC Testing Centers, they will NOT be allowed to use their mobile/electronic device to view e-books. Students should print off chapters/information covered in their course exam for use in Testing Center make-up exams. There will be no exceptions to this policy due to the Testing Centers responsibility of testing security and integrity.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998