How to Make Appointments for Online Tutoring
First time scheduling tutoring this semester? You’ll need to register for a new account:
Go to WCOnline’s registration page and enter all requested information. The email address you enter will be your username. The system will automatically send you either an email or text message reminder the day before your upcoming appointment. Email is the default reminder setting; if would prefer to get text message reminders about upcoming appointments, enter your mobile number and choose your wireless carrier. You will then be able to make an appointment (see information below for logging in and setting up an appointment).
Returning visitor? Please log in and make an appointment:
- Go to our RSCC WCOnline page and enter your email address and password. Then, choose the schedule you’d like to view (either the Harriman or Oak Ridge Learning Center) and log in.
- Once you are logged in, click on the green checkmark in the upper left corner of the screen (this will check you in and log your visit).
- You will find the tutors and the subjects they tutor listed on the left side of the schedule. Available appointment times are signified by a white block (each white block is a fifteen minute increment of time). Once you’ve found a tutor who works with the subject you’re seeking assistance in, click on the white block on the line next to his/her name at the beginning of the appointment time that you’d like to schedule.
- In the form that pops up, first set the end time of your appointment. Appointments can be made for up to an hour, but can also be made for 15, 30, or 45 minutes. Use the dropdown box if you’d like to change the length of your appointment.
- Under the appointment time, use the dropdown box next to “meet online?” and choose the “yes—schedule online appointment” option. In the appointment description box, please indicate if you’d like to use the audio/video capabilities for chatting with your tutor during the session.
- Enter your course name, your professor’s name, and a brief description of what you’d like to work on during the session. Click “save appointment” when you’re done.
- Log back in to this website approximately five to ten minutes before the start of your appointment. Then, click on the appointment box and click "start or join online consultation." This will take you to a window with instructions about how to use the online tutoring interface (to upload writing or other work and use the mark-up features, to use the chatbox, to open the video feature, etc.).
Other Types of Online Tutoring Available:
The Learning Center also provides access to SMARTHINKING online tutoring. Your username is your Roane State email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your password is your R number (R########). You can find your R number by logging into your RaiderNet account.
Get a jump on your Praxis exams at North Star Learning. This fun, interactive site can help you with all three subject areas and includes practice questions, tests, writing prompts, flash cards, and games. Contact us for your username and password at 865-354-3000, ext. 4329. We can also work with you to create a Praxis study schedule.
Please contact us if you have other questions or comments about any of these services.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998