Please contact me as soon as possible and we’ll discuss how Roane State Veteran Services can help you with obtaining and utilizing your earned GI Bill® educational benefits and achieve your educational goals.
Dale W Wampler
Click above for email address
Roane State Community College
276 Patton Lane
Harriman, TN 37748
GI Bill® Education Programs
The category of benefits you may receive will depend upon when you served, your length of service, and other factors. You must be admitted to the college in a degree or certificate-seeking program to receive benefits.
Assistance including tuition and fees, books, supplies, and housing stipend depends upon your Letter of Eligibility rating from the VA.
To see an overview of available education programs, visit the GI Bill® website.
To ask VA a question, to log on to e-benefits, to see frequently asked questions, and to explore in more detail the VA GI Bill® benefits, visit the Veteran's Education Website.
Steps for Receiving Benefits for Service Members, Veterans & their Dependents
- Submit an online VA education application:
If you are a Veteran or service member choose one of the following GI Bill® applications at www.vets.gov
- VA Form 22-1990 (veterans applying for education benefits, chapters 30, 33, and 1606)
- VA Form 22-1990E (dependents applying for transferred benefits, chapter 33)
- VA Form 22-5490 (dependents applying for dependent educational assistance, chapter 35)
- VA Form 22-1995 (change of place/programs, chapter 30, 33, 1606, and 1607)
- VA Form 22-1990N (candidates for the National Call to Service program)
- VA Form 22-5495 (change of place/program, chapter 35)
- Provide me with a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA (may take 2 months to receive COE in the mail after electronic submission).
For Chapters 30, 31, 33 & 35, provide me with a copy of yours’ or your sponsors’ DD 214 (Copy 4 – which includes the type of discharge at the bottom).
- Provide me with a copy of your class schedule. VA only approves and pays for credits that are in your curriculum of study and listed under your declared major.
- If you are a chapter 1606 or 30 Service Member or Veteran, you must verify your attendance at the end of each month by calling 1-877-823-2378 or on the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) website.
- While you are waiting for your VA application to be processed, begin the RSCC admission steps below.
Steps for Becoming an RSCC Student
Follow the Military Veterans or Dependents Personalized Admissions Process Checklist
Additional Financial Assistance to Supplement the GI Bill®
Receive College Credit from Military Training
Did you know you may qualify for college from your military training? Learn about Prior Learning Military Credit which can be awarded upon school approval.
See even more ways to earn credit from experiences and training.
Contact me for help with college credit.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998