RSCC Policies & Guidelines
Roane State Community College
Policy Number: BA-04-01
Subject: Check Cashing and Acceptance
- Fee Payments
- Fees may be paid by personal check.
- Payroll checks or two party checks will not be cashed or accepted in payment of fees or other amounts due to the college. Exceptions may be approved by the Vice President of Business and Finance.
- Appropriate identification will be required upon request.
- Check Cashing Services
- Roane State Community College provides a free check cashing service. This service is provided as a convenience to employees of the college. Personal checks may be cashed for any amount up to $25.00 for employees. Only one (1) check may be cashed each day per employee.
- Check cashing services are available at the Roane County Campus and Oak Ridge Branch Campus business office cashier’s counter.
- Returned Check Fines
A fine will be assessed on all returned checks. The fine will be an amount equal to the then current returned check fine as specified in Tennessee Board of Regents guidelines.
- Ability to Suspend Check Acceptance for Cause
- In the event that a student or an employee has three (3) checks returned by their bank, check cashing and acceptance privileges may be suspended for a period of twelve (12) months and/or, at the discretion of the Vice President of Business and Finance, may be suspended permanently.
- Any other abuse of this policy will, at the discretion of the Vice President of Business and Finance, result in temporary or permanent suspension of check cashing and acceptance privileges.
Revision History: 06/10/1996, 07/11/2007, 02/22/2016
Revision Date Effective: 02/22/2016
Revision Approval By: Christopher L. Whaley, President
Original Date Effective: 03/16/1988
Original Approval By: Cuyler A. Dunbar, President
Office Responsible: Vice President for Business & Finance
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998