RSCC Policies & Guidelines
Roane State Community College
Policy Number: BA-07-01
Subject: Hosting Guests of the Institution
The RSCC President is authorized to host guests of the institution and other official business functions and to delegate authority to selected staff for this purpose. Reimbursement for actual expenses for meals and related costs shall be allowed for acting as host to guests of the institution or for other official business functions subject to the provisions of this policy.
- All vice presidents are hereby delegated the authority to host guests of the institution without advance approval of the president.
- All other staff must request verbal approval from their vice president or executive level supervisor for acting as host of guests of the institution.
- Reimbursement will be made upon submission of the Guest Meal Authorization form and approval by the president. Receipts or other satisfactory evidence of payment must be attached to the form. All purchases/reimbursements of meals/food regardless of amount should include a list of attendees, the purpose of the expenditure, topic of discussion, time, date, and place.
- When acting as host of guests of the institution, each individual should ensure that expenses incurred are reasonable. Reimbursements shall be limited to actual expenses (including tips at the usual and customary rate). An employee may be considered a guest when external guests are being hosted if the employee's presence is appropriate or required. Discretion should be used in this regard.
- Pursuant to federal guidelines, entertainment expenses are not allowable as direct or indirect charges to federal grants or contracts and will therefore not be authorized.
- Reimbursement for actual expenses for meals related to other official business functions may be provided when acting as the official representative of the college at a meeting of an organization in which the college (or the Foundation on behalf of the college) holds a membership or at other similar types of meetings. Reimbursements of this nature may be included on a travel claim form if an explanation is provided.
- Exceptions to this policy may be granted by the president.
Revision History: 02/06/1995, 02/02/2004, 07/25/2007
TBR Policy Reference: 4:03:03:00
Revision Date Effective: 07/25/2007
Revision Approval By: Gary Goff, President
Original Date Effective: 06/08/1994
Original Approval By: Sherry L. Hoppe, President
Office Responsible: Vice President for Business & Finance
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998