Skip to Main Content
Roane State Community CollegeRoane State Community College

Roane State Community College

Advising Resource Center (ARC)
  1. RSCC HomeRSCC Home
  2. Student Services
  3. Advising Resource Center (ARC)
  4. DegreeWorks
Move Forward. Don't delay your future! Apply now! Register for online or traditional classes.Move Forward. Don't delay your future! Apply now!. Register for online or traditional classes.
Tennessee Reconnect and Promise. Graduating high school seniors can attend tuition-free. Free tuition for adults.Tennessee Reconnect and Promise. Graduating high school seniors can attend tuition-free. Free tuition for adults.
Online degrees available. Choose from seven completely online programs.Online degrees available. Choose from seven completely online programs.

DegreeWorks - Frequently Asked Questions

Can I register for classes in DegreeWorks?

No. DegreeWorks is a snapshot of courses in-progress, planned, and in academic history. Registration, add/drop, etc., are still handled through the registration function in RaiderNet.

I just registered for my classes. Why aren’t they showing up on my audit?

If you have just registered for courses, the new audit will not show the updated courses until the next day. The program has to run overnight before it will reflect the changes.

Are my grades visible in DegreeWorks?

Yes. Once grades have been processed at the end of the semester, they are viewable in DegreeWorks. Courses in-progress are listed with a grade of "IP."

Is DegreeWorks a transcript or an official evaluation?

No. DegreeWorks is an audit of your progress toward graduation, as well as an outline of requirements still needed to complete your program of study. Final evaluations are completed by the faculty advisor and verified by the graduation analyst prior to the posting of degrees.

Can I see a list of all of the classes I've taken?

Yes. Click on the "Class History" link at the top for a printable list of courses taken.

What do I do if I believe my information is incorrect?

You should consult with your faculty advisor and review your audit with him/her to ensure accuracy.

Why is my transfer credit is not appearing correctly?

Not all transfer credits have been equated to RSCC courses. Non-equated courses will appear as ELC 9999 (or may have another prefix along with 9999). If you feel the course should be equated to a Roane State course, you can submit a Petition for Course Equivalency Form available on the Records Office website.

How will courses that I have substituted or waived appear on the degreeworks evaluation?

This information will be entered after your substitution or waiver has been approved and submitted to the Graduation Analyst. Once processed the course that you substituted will automatically be used to fulfill the requirement that was specified. You will see that course listed on the evaluation.

Are there any requirements that are not checked in the degreeworks evaluation?

Yes. It does not check requirements for licensure. You should use the degreeworks evaluation in conjunction with your Roane State college catalog located on the RSCC homepage.

What if I think my evaluation is wrong?

First review the Roane State Catalog for the most recent course requirements for your academic program. Second contact your faculty advisor. After consulting with him or her, if you still believe there are errors, contact the Advising Resource Center at 865-882-4597 or send an email to: Be sure to include your R# in your e-mail.

Connect with us

© Roane State Community College

Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.​​​​​​​ View full non-discrimination policy.

Tennessee's Community Colleges

Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse

Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998