In Case of Fire:
DO NOT USE ELEVATORS!
Evacuate immediately when you hear the fire alarm or an RSCC official tells you to evacuate. Always walk calmly and quickly to the nearest marked exit and your pre-designated assembly point at least 300 feet away from the building. Alert others to do the same.
If you are on a floor without ground level access and cannot use the stairs, stay near the stairwell if possible and await rescue.
In Case of Smoke/Possible Fire:
- If you see/smell smoke, call the Campus Police at 865-882-4500. If that number cannot be reached, call 911.
- If there is heavy smoke, activate a pull-station alarm, stay low, and evacuate to your pre-designated assembly point.
- If you see flames, activate a pull-station alarm and evacuate to your pre-designated assembly. Call the Campus Police at 865-882-4500. If that number cannot be reached, call 911.
- If you are trapped, shout at regular intervals to alert rescuers to your location. If a window is available, place an article of clothing in the window as a marker for rescuers.
Learn in Advance
- Know the location of your pre-designated emergency assembly point (at least 300 feet away from the building). The assembly points are designated on the evacuation plan posted in each building.
- When the fire alarm is sounded, College policy requires that all persons evacuate any facility via the nearest available exit to your pre-designated emergency assembly point.
- Remove personal items when you evacuate, such as purses and book bags.
- Close all doors to classrooms and offices. Leave them unlocked for emergency personnel unless otherwise instructed.
- Know the location of alarm pull-stations, fire extinguishers, fire exits, and assembly points in your area.
- If you are on a floor without ground level access and cannot use the stairs, stay near the stairwell if possible and await rescue.
- Do not re-enter the buildings until authorized to do so by emergency personnel.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998