The ACT Residual exams are given on the Roane County, Oak Ridge and Scott County campuses for students who have an application on file at Roane State. The ACT Residual test results are reported only to Roane State for placement purposes. Score reports are not available to other institutions or scholarship agencies.
Who should take the ACT Residual?
- Those who have an admission application on file in the Roane State Admissions and Records Office and who plan to attend Roane State should test.
- If you are not yet 21 years old and your ACT scores from high school are five (5) or more years old, you must take the ACT-Residual or the ACT-National in order to attend Roane State. Scores from the ACT-National test may be submitted in lieu of the ACT-Residual.
- If you plan to apply for the Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship Program, you must submit ACT scores obtained on a National Test. Scores from the ACT Residual are not valid for any Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship Program.
Students who test must:
- Apply for admission to Roane State and receive a Roane State Identification Number (R#).
- Roane State Identification Number (R#) is required to register. If you do not have a R# and it has been at least 7 business days since you applied, please contact Admissions & Records. Find your R#
- Pay the ACT Residual test fee of $40.00. This fee must be paid at the Business/Cashier's Office (any campus). Please retain your receipt as it is required at the time of testing.
- Bring your photo driver's license, state ID card, or a letter of identification from your high school counselor or principal.
- Bring your fee receipt (from payment of the ACT Residual test fee) to the test. Without one of the identifications listed above and the fee receipt, testing may be denied.
- Be prepared to stay 3.5 to 4 hours for the duration of the test. Late arrivals may be denied testing.
- You may bring a non-printing, non-graphing calculator for use during the test. If you are unsure if your calculator is appropriate, you may use the following link to check: http://www.actstudent.org/faq/answers/calculator.html A limited number of calculators are available at the Testing Center.
If you experience difficulty registering online, contact the Oak Ridge Branch Campus Testing Center and have your R# ready.
Roane County Campus - Testing Center Room T-203
|Wednesday, March 14, 2018
|Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Oak Ridge Branch Campus - Testing Center Room F-103
|Thursday, January 4, 2018
|Monday, February 12, 2018
|Thursday, April 26, 2018
|Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Campbell County Campus
|Thursday, December 7, 2017
Cumberland County Campus
|Please note, times listed
are Central Standard Time
|Tuesday, January 9, 2018
||9:30 AM CST
Morgan County Campus
|Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Scott County Campus
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998