After you answer these questions, the checklist will walk you through important steps toward enrolling.
NOTICE: some steps can be completed out of order. If you get stuck on a step, try the next step while you're working on the other one.
- If you wish to study in the U.S. on an F1 (Student) visa, please follow these instructions instead of using this checklist.
- If you haven't done so already, Submit the Application for Admission/readmission. On the Admissions Login page, click on "First time user account creation" to get started.
Note: If you are applying to an Allied Health Sciences or Nursing program, submit an application for that program after you have been admitted as a Roane State student.
- After you've submitted your admissions application, your RaiderNet account will be available to you in about one hour. Once you set up your RaiderNet, it will allow you to conduct your college business (registering, paying fees, checking email, etc.) online.
- You will have been assigned a Success Coach to help guide you through enrolling and attending college. The coach is here for you, so take advantage of this valuable one-on-one connection and sign up for an appointment today to meet with your coach. This information is found in your RaiderNet.
- If you are classified as an independent student by federal financial aid, you might meet the eligibility requirements for the Reconnect Program, which pays tuition & mandatory fees. Ask your Success Coach if you meet this and additional eligibility requirements.
- Submit your official high school transcript or High School Equivalency (HSE) scores. These should be mailed to the Roane State Admissions Office, or hand-delivered to the One Stop in the school's sealed envelope.
- The Student Handbook contains the college's policies and procedures, student right-to-know information, and student rights and responsibilities. The College Catalog contains academic curricula, rules, and regulations. The Be Safe website contains important safety information. Take some time now to familiarize yourself with these and they will help you in the future.
- Submit a Hepatitis B form. (PLEASE NOTE: if you filed an online application and you were 18 or older, or if you are readmitting, this requirement is waived.)
- Submit a Certificate of Immunization Form if you are carrying 12 or more hours of credit. This certifies vaccinations for MMR and Varicella (Chicken Pox). Get the form and see more details.
- Submit proof of citizenship or lawful presence in the U.S.: Applicants are required to provide proof of U.S. citizenship or proof that they are lawfully present in the United States. Take a good, clear picture of your Tennessee drivers license (if available) and e-mail it to email@example.com (or provide other proof of U.S. citizenship). View details and instructions.
- When you register to take the ACT, send scores to Roane State using our school code 039850. If you have already taken the test, you may go to the ACT website to request scores be sent to us. We also accept scores for the SAT.
- Provide official transcripts from all previous colleges. This is important because failure to do so will delay your registration or financial aid. These should be mailed to the Roane State Admissions Office, or hand-delivered to the One Stop in the school's sealed envelope.
- If you plan to take English, math, science or any other course with a pre-requisite you satisfied at another institution, you may be required to provide proof you have completed the pre-requisite. Provide a copy of your school's transcript (unofficial copies may be acceptable for non-degree seeking students) to the One Stop or mail to Roane State Admissions Office.
- Take the ACCUPLACER test unless you have already passed college-level English and math.
- Visit the Tennessee Reconnect website to see if you are eligible for tuition savings.
- Complete the FAFSA.
- Complete additional forms required by the Financial Aid Office.
- Visit the Financial Aid web page for additional resources.
- Begin checking your Roane State email account on a regular basis. We'll send important messages to this account throughout your time at the college. You access it from RaiderNet.
- Complete the New Student Orientation.
- Take the TOEFL (unless your native language is English, you took English in a U.S. high school, or you completed an English Composition course at a U.S. college/university).
- Provide proof of permanent residency.
- Provide proof of US citizenship if born outside the U.S.
- Provide the Visa/1-94 (upon arrival).
- Provide proof of insurance if studying on an F1 Visa (upon arrival).
- Provide proof of TB test.
- Complete the International Transfer Form if you attended another college in the United States and studying on an F1 Visa.
- Provide proof of financial support if studying on an F1 Visa.
- Interview with the Director of Student Enrollment if studying on an F1 Visa.
- If you are a veteran, visit the Veteran Services web page.
- Schedule an academic advising appointment.
- Register for classes.
- Apply for a Roane State Foundation scholarship.
- Go to the One Stop to receive a student photo ID (this step is optional).
- Pay your fees.
- Buy textbooks. Some books and materials are only available at Roane State bookstores. The Schedule of Classes lists book ISBN numbers.
- Time to go to class! Check your class schedule for start dates. If you are taking a RSCC or RODP Web course, here is information and login instructions.
Ask us if you ever have a question!
865-882-4554 or toll free 1-866-462-7722 (ext. 4554)
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998