In January 2017, the ACCUPLACER replaced COMPASS placement testing. COMPASS scores 5 years and less are still valid forms of placement testing.
Who Should Test?
- If you are 21 years of age or older, have a Tennessee High School Equivalency (HSE) Diploma, or you have not taken the ACT within the last 5 years, you will be required to take the ACCUPLACER placement test.
- If you are under 21 years of age, ACT scores are required. A copy of your ACT score report should be submitted to the RSCC Admissions Office.
- If you are transferring from another college and have successfully completed college-level English, Math and certain lecture courses, you may be exempt from testing in certain areas, or you may be exempt from the entire ACCUPLACER placement test.
- PLEASE NOTE: Dual Enrollment and Middle College applicants are NOT eligible to take the ACCUPLACER. You must take the ACT National or ACT Residual.
1. Prior To Your Test Date
- You must have your application for admission to RSCC on file with the Admissions Office.
- You must have all previous college transcripts sent to, received and processed by the Records Office.
- Reservations for the test should be made by registering below.
2. Register for the ACCUPLACER Test
- ACCUPLACER is now avaliable both online via Zoom or in person on campus.
3. On Your Test Date
- Please note that testing begins at the stated times. Late arrivals may be denied testing until another scheduled test date.
- CALCULATORS ARE NOT ALLOWED to be used during the ACCUPLACER.
- The ACCUPLACER test is a computer adaptive test and the results will be used to determine if Learning Support classes are required.
- The test is untimed. Three (3) hours are usually sufficient to complete all parts of the ACCUPLACER.
4. After Your Test Date
- Test scores will not be given out over the phone. Please contact Records should you need a copy of your ACCUPLACER transcript.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998