The following guidelines are for students who are determined eligible for testing accommodations by Disability Services. Instructors are encouraged to provide testing accommodations. However, if an instructor is not able to provide appropriate accommodations, the following procedures may be followed to arrange testing with the Testing Center, 865-882-4661 (Roane County) or 865-481-2000, ext. 2251 (Oak Ridge), for accommodation testing at our satellite campuses, please contact Jill Robbins at 865-882-4678 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students must develop a written accommodation plan each semester with Disability Services at least four weeks (excluding times when the college is closed) prior to the beginning of each semester. Call 865-481-2003 for an appointment.
- After the instructor has submitted the completed the RSCC Testing Center Accommodation Authorization form, students with low distraction and extra time can come to the Testing Center during regular testing hours - an appointment is NOT necessary. Students who have been advised that their accommodations require to schedule an appointment with the Testing Center can do so at least one week in advance. Final exams must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance. To schedule at the Roane County Testing Center, please contact 865-882-4661. To schedule at the Oak Ridge Testing Center, please 865-481-2000, extension 2251, to schedule at a satellite campus, please contact Jill Robbins at 865-882-4678 or email@example.com.
- The Testing Centers cannot approve testing date extensions, you must contact your instructor.
- Students eligible for extended time must arrive at the Testing Center in adequate time to complete their exam by the posted closing time. Furthermore, students must complete the test in the amount of time specified on the accommodation form, time extensions cannot be authorized by the Testing Center Staff.
- Bring and use only the materials that have been approved by the instructor on the Accommodation Authorization form. Picture ID is required to test. No cell phones are permitted.
- Advise the Testing Center staff of any personal or medical needs that may arise prior to the beginning of the exam. Should a student encounter any difficulty during the test, they can contact a staff member immediately.
- Meet privately with the student to discuss all special accommodations as outlined by Disability Services on the student’s Accommodation Plan Form.
- Instructors are encouraged to provide testing accommodations as outlined by Disability Services on the student’s Accommodation Plan Form.
- If you are unable to personally provide testing accommodations, arrangements can be made with the Testing Center in Roane County or Oak Ridge. The Instructor must submit the Accommodation Authorization Form and the test to the Testing Center prior to the deadlines below for students to schedule an appointment with the Testing Center. Due to test security, the RSCC Testing Center Accommodation Authorization Form must be submitted directly by the instructor, not the student, before the student will be allowed to schedule the test. The form and test can also be submitted by campus mail to the Roane County or Oak Ridge Testing Centers.
Testing Center Accommodation Authorization Form: doc pdf
- Deadlines for submitting the RSCC Testing Center Accommodation Authorization form, along with the test, are as follows:
- For regular tests, the completed form and test must be submitted by the instructor to the Testing Center at least one week in advance. If the student is required to schedule an appointment with the Testing Center they should do so at least one week in advance.
- For final exams, the completed form and final exam must be submitted by the instructor to the Testing Center more than two weeks in advance. If the student is required to schedule an appointment with the Testing Center they should do so at least two weeks in advance.
- For any tests that the student must reschedule, the Instructor must complete and submit another RSCC Testing Center Accommodation Authorization form, along with the test, to the Testing Center at least three business days in advance. The student is required to reschedule an appointment with the Testing Center at least three business days in advance. The Testing Center may be unable to accommodate students who request final exams to be scheduled or changed with less than one week notice.
Testing Center Staff's Responsibilities:
- Provide testing accommodations as outlined on the RSCC Testing Center Accommodation Authorization form.
- The test will be returned according to the method the instructor has indicated on the RSCC Testing Center Accommodation Authorization form. It will either be returned by campus mail or held in the Testing Center for pickup by the instructor.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998