************ PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND THOROUGHLY BEFORE REGISTERING FOR TESTING ************
The ACT Residual exams are given on the Roane County and Oak Ridge campuses for students who have an application on file at Roane State. The ACT Residual test results are reported only to Roane State for placement purposes. Score reports are not available to other institutions or scholarship agencies.
Who should take the ACT Residual?
- Those who have an admission application on file in the Roane State Admissions and Records Office and who plan to attend Roane State should test.
- If you are not yet 21 years old and your ACT scores from high school are five (5) or more years old, you must take the ACT-Residual or the ACT-National in order to attend Roane State. Scores from the ACT-National test may be submitted in lieu of the ACT-Residual.
- If you plan to apply for the Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship Program, you must submit ACT scores obtained on a National Test. Scores from the ACT Residual are not valid for any Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship Program.
Students who test must:
- Apply for admission to Roane State and receive a Roane State Identification Number (R#).
- Not have taken the ACT Residual within the last 60 days.
- Roane State Identification Number (R#) is required to register. If you do not have a R# and it has been at least 7 business days since you applied, please contact Admissions & Records. Find your R#
- Pay the ACT Residual test fee of $40.00. This fee must be paid at the Business/Cashier's Office (any campus) and can be paid the day of testing. Please retain your receipt as it is required at the time of testing.
- Bring your photo driver's license, state ID card, or a letter of identification from your high school counselor or principal.
- Bring your fee receipt (from payment of the ACT Residual test fee) to the test. Without one of the identifications listed above and the fee receipt, testing may be denied.
- Be prepared to stay 3.5 to 4 hours for the duration of the test. Late arrivals may be denied testing.
- You may bring a non-printing, non-graphing calculator for use during the test. If you are unsure if your calculator is appropriate, you may use the following link to check: http://www.actstudent.org/faq/answers/calculator.html A limited number of calculators are available at the Testing Center.
To register for the ACT Residual, please have your R# available and see the schedule listed below. Choose the campus, date and time you wish to test and click on the Register Now button. If the date and time you pick is not shown as an option, this means the testing session is FULL and you will need to choose a different campus, date and/or time. If you experience difficulty registering online, contact Jill Robbins at firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE carefully input your R#, a valid phone number and email address (your Roane State email address is preferred) and double check it.
Roane County Campus - Testing Center, Yager Building, Room T-203
|Monday, December 12, 2022
|Tuesday, January 3, 2023
|Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Oak Ridge Branch Campus - Testing Center, Coffey-McNally Building, First Floor, Room F-103
|Tuesday, December 13, 2022
|Wednesday, January 4, 2023
|Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Scott County Campus
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998