RSCC Policies & Guidelines
Roane State Community College
Policy Number: PA-04-01
Subject: Payroll Cycles and Paydays
This policy outlines the schedule of payroll payments for Roane State Community College.
- Time sheets and leave reports for all employees are due on the 19th of the month, including supervisor approvals. The payroll office approval must be completed by midnight on the 21st of the month. Late submissions may cause payment to be delayed until the next regular payday, and will require a paper correction form to be completed and approved. Exceptions for months which contain holidays will have dates posted on the time sheet and leave report, and will also be listed on the payroll web site.
- Payroll Cycles and Paydays
- Regular employees will be paid on a monthly basis, on the last official work day of each month. The last official work day will be defined as the last day of each month that the college is open.
- Adjunct faculty will be paid in four (4) equal installments. For fall semester, payments will be made on the last working day of September, October, November, and December. For spring semester, payments will be made on the last working day of February, March, April, and May. The fourth payment of each semester will be as scheduled above, but only after the completion of the class(es). Adjunct contracts are to be processed and acknowledged through FLAC. If fall/spring adjunct contracts are not submitted by the15th of the first payment month, the pay cycle will be reduced to three months.
- Summer pay for regular faculty employees and adjunct faculty will be paid on June 30 and July 31, following completion of the class or classes. Summer TN eCampus classes are paid in three (3) payments on the last working day of the month for June, July, and August.
- All temporary employees, including student workers, work-study students, and non-credit instructors, but specifically excluding adjunct faculty, will be paid for time worked from the 16th of one month to the 15th of the next month, and will be paid on the last working day of the month. Temporary employee contracts should be completed and approved prior to any work performed for the college and must be completed and approved prior to any release of funds for pay.
- Overload payments to regular faculty, when authorized, will be paid as follows:
- Fall Semester - January regular monthly payroll.
- Spring Semester - May regular monthly payroll.
- Longevity pay is earned beginning with the third-year anniversary with the college, and will be included with the end of the month pay for the period covering the employee’s anniversary date.
- All employees will be notified with direct deposit information at the completion of each month’s cycle. Notification will be to the business email account on file with the college. Banner self-service is available for employees.
- Other Pay Issues
Employees with concerns regarding pay issues, should immediately contact the Payroll Department.
Revision History: 07/1990, 10/1991, 08/1993, 12/2004, 11/10/2008
TBR Policy Reference: 5.01.00.00
TBR Guideline Reference: P-020
Revision Date Effective: 11/21/2022
Revision Approval By: Christopher L. Whaley, President
Original Date Effective: 01/11/1988
Original Approval By: Cuyler A. Dunbar, President
Office Responsible: Vice President for Business & Finance
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998