Roane State Community College
Policy Number: PA-04-01
Subject: Payroll Cycles and Paydays
Time sheets for all regular employees are due on the last working day of the month and must be in the Payroll office within seven (7) working days after each payday. Late time sheets may cause payment to be delayed until the next regular payday.
- Payroll Cycles and Paydays - RSCC and TCAT employees
- Regular employees will be paid on a monthly basis on the last official work day of each month. The last official work day will be defined as the last day of each month that the college is open.
- Adjunct faculty will be paid in four (4) equal installments. For fall semester, payments will be made on the last working day of September, October, November, and December. For spring semester, payments will be made on the last working day of February, March, April, and May. The fourth payment of each semester will be as scheduled above, but only after the completion of the class or classes. Adjunct contracts must be completed and approved on or before the first working day of the semester. If fall adjunct contracts are not submitted by September 15, the pay cycle will be reduced to three months – October, November, and December.
- Summer pay for regular faculty employees and adjunct faculty will be paid on June 30 and July 31 following completion of the class or classes. Summer TN eCampus classes are paid in three (3) payments on the last working day of the month for June, July, and August.
- All temporary employees, including student workers, work-study students and non-credit instructors, but specifically excluding adjunct faculty will be paid from the 16th of one month to the 15th of the next month, and will be paid on the last working day of the month. Temporary employee contracts should be completed and approved prior to any work performed for the Institution and must be completed and approved prior to any release of funds for pay.
- Effective July 1, 2008, Federal Work-Study Student Employees (FWS) will be paid on a monthly basis as follows. Completed time sheets for the month will be sent by the approving supervisor to the firstname.lastname@example.org account within two (2) business days after the 15th of the month. FWS employees will be paid on the last working day of the month (example: hours worked January 16 through February 15 will be paid on the last working day of February).
- Overload payments to regular faculty, when authorized, will be paid as follows:
- Fall Semester - January regular monthly payroll.
- Spring Semester - May regular monthly payroll.
- All employees will be notified with direct deposit information at the completion of each month’s cycle. Notification will be to the business email account on file with the institution. Banner self-service is available for employees.
- Other Pay Issues for RSCC and TTC employees
- Longevity pay, earned beginning with the third year anniversary with the institution, will be included with the end of the month pay for the period covering the employee’s anniversary date.
- Employees with concerns regarding pay issues, should immediately contact the Payroll Department.
Revision History: 07/1990, 10/1991, 08/1993, 12/2004, 11/10/2008
TBR Policy Reference: 5:01:00:00
TBR Guideline Reference: P-020
Revision Date Effective: 11/10/2008
Revision Approval By: Gary Goff, President
Original Date Effective: 01/11/1988
Original Approval By: Cuyler A. Dunbar, President
Office Responsible: Vice President for Business & Finance
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998