RSCC Policies & Guidelines
Roane State Community College
Policy Number: PA-04-02
Subject: Direct Deposit of Payroll Checks
The following policy has been established to allow employees to have their payroll checks electronically deposited into their bank account.
- All Roane State Community College employees are required to receive their pay via direct deposit. Direct deposit is a process by which an individual’s net pay is electronically transmitted to the employee’s account at a financial institution. Roane State does not require or recommend the use of any particular financial institution.
Employees must complete an Authorization Agreement for Direct Deposit form, located in RaiderNet on the Payroll tab. The following requirements must be followed when completing the form:
- All of the employee's paycheck will be deposited into the account(s) specified, and the account must be in the employee’s name.
- Employees may have their paycheck deposited into two (2) accounts.
- If an employee changes their financial institution, a new Agreement for Direct Deposit must be completed. A completed form must be in the Business Office by the 15th of the month.
- Direct deposit stubs will no longer be printed and distributed. Employees will receive an electronic copy of their check stub via Roane State Community College email. Additionally, the stub information is available in Banner Self Service.
- For new employees - if the employee has not turned in a properly completed Authorization for Direct Deposit form by the deadline, the employee’s first paycheck will be a physical check. The check will not be released to the employee until a properly completed form is submitted. Students are encouraged, but not required, to receive payments by direct deposit.
Revision History: 2/09/2004, 7/10/2007, 03/01/2012, 12/05/2016
TBR Policy Reference: 5.01.00.00
Revision Date Effective: 11/28/2022
Revision Approval By: Christopher L. Whaley, President
Original Date Effective: 11/07/1994
Original Approval By: Sherry L. Hoppe, President
Office Responsible: Vice President for Business & Finance
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998