RSCC Policies & Guidelines
Roane State Community College
Policy Number: GA-25-02
Subject: Program Advisory Committees
- This advisory committee is to advise the program director and other Roane State Community College (RSCC) administrators in areas of programming and curriculum in each particular program.
- RSCC administrators have high regard for the opinions of the advisory committee; however, the responsibility for final decisions on any issue rests with the RSCC administrators in consultation with the program director.
- Many career programs will have an advisory committee. The committee is to be made up of interested individuals and can include consumers, professionals, educators, program graduates, current students, and those affiliated with teaching in the program.
- Advisory committee members serve without remuneration. Meetings are generally held at least once per year and more often if necessary. Meetings are scheduled to allow participation of committee members and RSCC administrative representatives. Minutes of all meetings are to be kept on file by the program director and shared with the office of the academic dean.
- Program directors, with concurrence of the dean, will submit a list of names for appointment of the advisory committee to the Vice President for Student Learning and the president annually. The official appointment to the advisory committee will be made by the Roane State president.
- The size of the committee may vary. Members are appointed by position (e.g. representative from a hospital department) or individually. Members of the committee may be reappointed annually.
Revision History: 07/01/1995, 11/08/1999, 12/17/2007
Revision Date Effective: 08/08/2022
Revision Approval By: Christopher L. Whaley, President
Original Date Effective: 07/01/1990
Original Approval By: Sherry L. Hoppe, President
Office Responsible: Vice President Student Learning
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998