RSCC Policies & Guidelines
Roane State Community College
Policy Number: GA-26-01
Subject: Administrative Closing / Inclement Weather
It is the policy of Roane State Community College (RSCC) to cancel classes under extreme weather conditions. In the event that it is necessary for the president/designee to declare the specific hours as emergency closing, the following guidelines will apply:
- Regular full-time and part-time employees on the active payroll who are scheduled to work during the declared times of closing will be granted time off from work with pay. Employees who are not scheduled to work will not be paid for the emergency closing.
- For clerical and support staff employees who are required to work during the time period during which time RSCC is officially closed, the time worked should be charged as regular scheduled hours. Additional hours that exceed the regularly scheduled hours should be charged to compensatory time.
- Employees not affected by the emergency closing, i.e., employees attending official meetings or workshops outside the college's service area during the time period of the closing, should not charge time to emergency closing.
- If an emergency closing has not been declared due to inclement weather and an employee is prevented from reporting to work for normally scheduled work hours, annual leave or leave without pay will be charged.
- Regular part-time employees will be affected on a pro-rated basis in each of the areas listed above. The president may approve exceptions to this policy as deemed appropriate.
Revision History: 05/08/1989, 07/01/1990, 07/01/1995, 10/15/2007
Revision Date Effective: 10/15/2007
Revision Approval By: Gary Goff, President
Original Date Effective: 11/10/1988
Original Approval By: Sherry L. Hoppe, President
Office Responsible: Vice President for Business & Finance
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998