DAY OF TESTING
- With the exception of a writing utensil, a photo ID, and any approved testing materials, i.e. calculator, please do not bring any unnecessary personal items to the Testing Center. It is best to leave backpacks, purses, phones, etc at home or in your locked car (make sure personal items are out of view). The Testing Centers are not responsible for any stolen or damaged items brought into the Testing Center.
- Scratch paper will be provided.
- KNOW your class, instructor, and which test you are to take before you come in to test. You will need that information in order to be signed in.
- Photo identification must be presented to the testing proctor before you will be permitted to test.
- All times listed are Eastern Time (ET) except for those noted otherwise - Cumberland is Central Time (CT).
- The Testing Centers close promptly at the times listed. Please allow yourself enough time to complete your test by closing time. Testing Centers stop accepting students for testing 30 minutes prior to their stated closing time.
- Refer to your class syllabus or website for testing windows and deadlines scheduled by your instructor for each test.
Each student is responsible for his/her own personal integrity and honor in academic life, and when accepting admittance to Roane State, affirms and subscribes to this commitment to neither knowingly nor receive any inappropriate assistance in academic work.
All students and examinees are required to be aware of and abide by the following:
All students and examinees are required to provide:
- a government issued photo ID for admittance to any and all testing services
- a receipt for payment of testing fees (applies to ACT, HESI, LPN Challenge, TEAS, Tennessee High School Equivalency (HSE) Diploma, and special proctoring services)
- specific test information: course name, course number and instructor's name (applies to DEL, TN eCampus, accommodation and make-up testing)
- Roane State ID number (R#) (applies to HESI, LPN Challenge, TEAS and Exit Exams)
Prohibited in the Testing Centers:
- cellular phones, watches with calculators and/or cameras, photographic or copying devices, iPods, iPads, notebook and tablet computers, laptop computers, any and all other forms of electronic devices (unless necessary for medical reasons, doctors statement required)
- hoodies, visors, sunglasses, hats or scarves (unless worn as a religious requirement or for medical reasons)
- listening devices such as radios, media players with headphones or recorders. The only headphones and earplugs approved for noise reduction are provided by the Testing Centers
- food and drinks (unless necessary for medical reasons, doctors statement required)
- animals (unless necessary for medical reasons, prior approval may be necessary)
Rules in the Testing Centers:
- only students and examinees taking a test are allowed in the Testing Centers - no visitors, children, or other family members
- no personal belongings are allowed at the computer/workstation - all backpacks, purses, and books must be stored in the student storage area (it is an unsecured (no lock) storage area and the Testing Centers assumes no responsibility for personal items, it is a 'Leave at Your Own Risk' scenario)
- once you receive your exam or it has been initiated on the computer you may not leave the Testing Center and return to finish your test - make sure to use the restroom and have all supplies on hand before you are seated at a computer/work station
- all scratch paper must be turned in before you leave the Testing Centers
- the Testing Centers close promptly at the listed closing time - please make sure to give yourself ample time to complete your exam
- the Testing Centers will stop accepting students 30 minutes prior to closing time
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998