Roane State Community College
The regulations that students receiving financial aid must follow are:
- Must be working toward an associate's degree or certificate (some certificates may not be eligible pending approval of program). Special students for credit are not eligible for any funding.
- May receive federal funding for: 30 attempted Learning Support hours; 90 attempted college credit hours if degree seeking OR up to the point when all courses required for the program have been completed, whichever occurs first. (All attempted hours at RSCC and any other college or university attended count whether you receive funding or not); hours vary if certificate seeking (ask about limits).
- Class attendance will be monitored. If reported by instructor for non-attendance, a student may be billed.
- Class attendance will be verified before aid is disbursed.
- A student will be on financial aid suspension if (s)he does not pass 67% of total attempted hours (passing grades = A, B, C, D, P only), or does not keep a 2.0 cumulative grade point average, or exceeds the limit for attempted hours for declared major. These requirements are checked after spring semester. The appeal process will be outlined in the notification sent to the student and available on the RSCC website.
- If on financial aid suspension, a student may attend Roane State at their own expense.
- No financial aid (including student loans) may be received if on financial aid suspension.
- Suspensions may be appealed with documentation to the Financial Aid Office by submitting an online appeal form located in the students' RaiderNet alert box. All appeals will be reviewed by the Financial Aid Appeal Committee.
- A student can only receive financial aid at one school during a semester.
- A student repeating a course(s) which was previously passed with a grade of A, B, C, or D, may repeat the course one additional time and receive federal financial aid. Incomplete ("I") grades during the second attempt will count and exhaust financial aid eligibility for that course.
- Financial aid awards are based on enrollment status at time of census date (defined as 14th calendar day of each semester) or enrollment status at time of verification, if after the 14th calendar day of the semester. Awards will not be adjusted after the census date or after verification if occurring after census. This includes adding mini-session courses after the census date.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998