Roane State Community College
- RSCC Home
Dual Studies is a program which allows students who are currently enrolled in high school to earn college credit toward a degree or a certificate at a Tennessee public institution of higher education. Courses are taught by college faculty to high school juniors and seniors who have been admitted to the college. The admissions process must be completed and students are responsible for tuition and fees.
Dual Enrollment - refers to a class taken by a high school student who is enrolled simultaneously in college while seeking high school credit for the college course. High school credit is awarded in addition to the college credit, which may count towards a high school diploma.
- Applicant must have a 3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale or 2.75 on a 5.0 scale to enroll in academic courses. A 2.75 college GPA is required to maintain eligibility for the Dual Enrollment Grant (DEG).
- Submit high school transcript with ACT, Pre-ACT exam or equivalent. ACT/Pre-ACT exam or equivalent sub-scores in mathematics and reading must be 19 or higher, and English requires a score of 18 or higher to enroll in dual studies courses. Once the ACT test has been taken, the Pre-ACT or equivalent exam scores will no longer be considered. Exceptions must be approved by the Dual Studies Department.
Steps To Enroll:
- Create an account in the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) Portal. TSAC Student Portal
- Log into your new TSAC account and apply for the Dual Enrollment Grant (DEG). Be sure to list Roane State as your first college. Dual Enrollment Grant Information
- Contact your high school and request that official copies of your transcript and any/all Pre-ACT or ACT test scores be sent to the RSCC Records and Registration Office. RSCC Records and Registration Office
- Your RSCC application for dual enrollment should be generated once you have completed the TSAC DEG (typically between 1-3 business days). You should receive an email notification to the email address that you provided in the TSAC portal that your RSCC application has been processed.
- Complete the steps outlined in the email. Have your parent/guardian sign up and submit the Immunization Waiver Form in the RSCC Parent Portal. RSCC Parent Portal
- Create your RSCC Raidernet Account: Go to Roane State.edu and click on RaiderNet in the top bar and click on “New Account Setup”. RaiderNet Login page
- Review your RaiderNet account at least twice a week to see if you have any alerts on your account. Be sure to take care of any items in your alerts.
- Continue to check your RSCC email for a “You Are Ready to Register” email with instructions and links for dual enrollment registration. If all required emails have been received in RSCC Admissions and Records (see initial email), you may also register here. www.roanestate.edu/dualregister
- Continue to monitor your RaiderNet alerts and your roanestate.edu email. If you have specific questions, you can either contact your county contact at the link listed in the “Welcome” email or the Dual Studies department.
Dual Enrollment students must submit a final high school transcript verifying high school graduation and work with the Student Enrollment Services staff to make the transition from dual enrollment status to college degree-seeking status.
To enroll in Dual Enrollment coursework students should contact their high school counselor. NOTE: procedure changes in the Dual Studies Program are continuous. Please contact the Director of Dual Studies at Roane State for current information, 865-882-4504.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998