Roane State Community College
Tennessee law requires all new students interested in enrolling at a college or university in Tennessee to provide proof of their legal presence before state benefits will be provided. To accommodate this law, the Roane State will accept this information once an application is submitted. This law can be satisfied by submitting one of the following:
- The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) - preferred;
- A valid regular Tennessee driver’s license or photo identification license. A temporary Tennessee driver's license, temporary identification license, or out of state license is NOT acceptable;
- A valid, unexpired, Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551) with picture;
- A valid, unexpired US passport;
- A certificate of citizenship (N560 or N561);
- A certificate of naturalization (N550, N570, or N578);
- A US citizen identification card (I-197, I-179);
- A valid, unexpired Foreign Passport with visa stamped "Processed for I-551";
- Non-Resident Alien Canadian Border Crossing Card;
- Permanent Resident Re-Entry Permit (I-327);
- Refugee Travel Document (I-571);
- A valid, unexpired Foreign Passport with valid visa in a category that permits study at an institution of higher education;
- Any document determined by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to be acceptable through the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) program.
EVEA can also be satisfied by submitting a valid, government issued picture ID including a regular driver's license, temporary driver's license, government issued DL/ID card from any US state, Employment Authorization Document (Form I-766) together with one of the following:
- A valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551) without a picture;
- An official birth certificate issued by a US state, jurisdiction, or territory; except for Puerto Rican birth certificates issued before July 1, 2010;
- A US government issued certified birth certificate;
- A US certificate of birth abroad (DS-1350 or FS-545);
- A reprint of a birth abroad of a citizen of the US (FS-240);
- Arrival/Departure Record (Form 1-94);
- Notice of Approval of Status with bottom I-94 portion attached (Form 1-797).
Failure to provide the information requested will limit the Roane State’s ability to award state and/or federal financial aid, and will impact how your tuition and fees will be assessed. This restriction does not impact privately funded scholarships.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998