Roane State Community College
Roane State Foundation
Foundation Scholarship Application 2015-2016
Foundation Scholarship Application 2015-2016
Please read the following information carefully. You may save or print this page for future reference.
The Roane State Foundation Scholarship Application will open on February 15, 2015 to apply for Fall/Spring 2015-16.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum 2.5 GPA unless otherwise specified by donor (some scholarships require a higher GPA)
- Resident of Tennessee
- Accepted for admission to Roane State
- You must have completed the 2015-2016 FASFA
- Roane State Foundation scholarships are not awarded to students who have bachelor’s degree
- You may apply for all scholarships for which you meet the requirements
- The Roane State Scholarship Committee has final authority regarding scholarship awards. The applicants name and personal information is not revealed to the Scholarship Review Committee. The Roane State Scholarship Selection Committee may authorize or withdraw scholarships at any time.
- Most scholarships are awarded on an annual basis with the award amounts credited to the student’s account each semester. Recipients will receive an award letter at their roanestate.edu email address listing requirements necessary to accept the scholarship and to receive the scholarship funds. A thank-you letter and recent photograph must be uploaded into your application file before any awards are granted. Failure to submit these by the due date will result in cancellation of the scholarship, which will be awarded to another applicant.
- If you receive a Books & Materials Scholarship, the funds will be applied to an account for you to use for the purchase of books and supplies in the Roane State Bookstore at the main campus in Harriman or at the Oak Ridge Campus.
- Scholarships are generally not available for summer semester.
- Students may receive only one Foundation scholarship per academic year.
- Students may only receive Foundation scholarships for a total of two years.
- Other restrictions and deadlines may apply as stipulated by scholarship donors.
If you received a scholarship for the past academic year and it is listed as ‘renewable’, please remember that scholarships are not renewed automatically.
You must reapply for the new academic year. Applications for all renewable scholarships must be completed no later than April 1, 2015. If you have not resubmitted your application by April 11, 2015 or do not continue to meet the criteria, then the scholarship will be awarded to another applicant.
- February 15, 2015 For STEM Scholarship Funded by the NASA Grant (This scholarship opened for applications January 15, 2015)
- February 27, 2015 for Roane State Raider Corps Award (Open only to those who will be Sophomores in Fall 2015
- April 6, 2015: Deadline for the James Nathan Greene Memorial Art Scholarship.
- April 12, 2015: Deadline for scholarships awarded at your high school Awards Night or Commencement
- May 31, 2015: Deadline for all scholarships except nursing and allied health sciences
- June 28, 2015: Deadline for nursing and allied health sciences scholarships
Questions? Contact Us
If you have problems or questions regarding the application, email email@example.com or contact Jeana Bradley in the Roane State Foundation Office at 865-354-3000, ext. 4422.
Release of Information
In applying for, and accepting, a scholarship from the Roane State Foundation each recipient agrees that his/her grade-point average and other pertinent information may be released for publicity purposes or correspondence related to the College or Foundation. The recipient will be required to submit a photograph when accepting a Foundation scholarship that may be used to market our scholarship program.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to check his/her Roane State RaiderNet email address for notification and acceptance of a Foundation scholarship and other correspondence from the Scholarship Specialist. Failure to complete award requirements will result in loss of scholarship and/or repayment of funds, if applicable. All award notices are sent through Roane State email only.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998