"I am a single mother with a one year old son. This scholarship from the Foundation has made it possible for me to show my son that he can do anything he puts his mind to. Without the members of the Foundation, I would not be able to have this second chance." - Madison, General Studies
Three of the ten counties in Roane State’s service region are defined by the USDA as being in persistent poverty, meaning that 20% or more of the population has lived in poverty over the last 30 years.
But you can help turn the tide.
The mission of Roane State Foundation is to maintain and enhance the quality of life, including economic development, in Roane State’s service area – but we can’t do it alone. Your support not only transforms the lives of Roane State students: it creates new possibilities, paves a way forward for families, and strengthens East Tennessee communities for generations to come.
Ways to Give
- Make an outright contribution of cash, securities (stocks, bonds, and mutual fund shares), tangible personal property, or real estate to support student access and success across Roane State’s ten-county region. These contributions can go to support the greatest area of need or can be designated to support the program, fund, or county most meaningful to you. Setting up a scholarship fund is also a great way to honor the life or memory of a loved one.
- Utilize charitable gift annuities to benefit Roane State Community College students or one of our campus projects in the future while you receive guaranteed fixed income for life. Income payments to you are usually considerably higher than your return on low-earning CDs and bank accounts, and we can help you establish one that will benefit you now and Roane State Foundation in the future.
- Establish a bequest to Roane State Community College through the Foundation to support Roane State students and programs in our community for years to come. This can be in the form of a particular item, a specific dollar amount, or a percentage of your estate. When your estate is distributed, your bequest will be used where the need is greatest at Roane State or for a specific fund, program, or geographic area you may designate.
- Give life insurance by naming Roane State Foundation as a beneficiary on a new or existing policy. Contact us to learn more about potential tax benefits available through this giving option.
- Create a trust to benefit yourself, your family, and Roane State (a living trust offers revocability, thus allowing you to retain control).
Contact us today to learn more about how you can support the mission of Roane State Foundation and make a lasting impact in your community for generations to come.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998