Tennessee Early Childhood Training Alliance (TECTA)
- If you would be willing to show your support for TECTA and the valuable training that it's given to you or your staff please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. We would love to hear 'success stories' or stories on how TECTA has change the way you work or helped your child care facility become the best that they can be! Thank you for your support!
- For more information on the CDA process, please attend one of our next CDA Workgroups. Please email email@example.com or call 865-481-2034 for the exact room number location and dates.
TECTA is a statewide system established to provide affordable professional development with academic degree credit possibilities for Tennessee's early childhood education personnel. The TECTA system is funded through and dependent upon annual grants from the Tennessee Department of Human Services (DHS) to Tennessee State University (TSU) Center of Excellence for Learning Sciences.
- To expand opportunities for early childhood professionals through career development and higher education support
- To provide professional development that nurtures the growth of individuals in a community of learners through an articulated statewide higher education system, resulting in the highest quality early childhood experiences for all of Tennessee's children
- Free 30-hour Orientations which meet annual DHS training requirements in 5 specialized areas: Administrator, Center-Based(preschool), Infant/Toddler, Family Childcare, and School-Age
- Tuition Assistance to pursue early childhood degrees at select 2 and 4 year colleges/universities
- Support for the CDA (Child Development Associates) Credential including financial support and mentoring
- Services and instruction to obtain the Tennessee Early Childhood Program Administrator Credential (TECPAC)
- Technical support for accreditation
TECTA at RSCC is funded by Center of Excellence for Learning Sciences at Tennessee State University through a contract with the Department of Human Services.
For more information on additional TECTA sites and resources, please visit our state website at www.tecta.info.
Please visit the TECTA at RSCC facebook page.
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998