Tennessee Transfer Pathway (AST), Elementary Education (K-5)
The TTU 2+2 program for elementary education enables students to complete a bachelor's degree in Elementary Education on one of the following RSCC campuses; Oak Ridge, Roane, and Scott (potential for a Cumberland county cohort with enough student interest) . The first two years of coursework are taken with RSCC by completing the AST degree. The last two years of coursework are taken through TTU while allowing students to remain on a RSCC campus. Most classes are day classes, but schedule is determined by TTU and may change.
AST Degree (First 2 years at RSCC):
- Successful completion of PRAXIS Core exam. The minimum scores for each section are 150 Math, 156 Reading, and 162 Writing. Praxis Core is not required if a minimum ACT score of 21 or SAT score of 1020 has been earned.
- Satisfactory rating on an index of suitability for the teaching profession. (Rated by three professionals: K-12 teacher, principal, or counselor; education faculty; RSCC faculty outside of education).
- Attainment of a 2.75 cumulative grade point average.
Oak Ridge, Roane, and Scott county campuses (potential for a Cumberland county cohort with enough student interest)
$35,000 – $45,000
Steps to Enroll
Steps to enroll at RSCC to obtain an AST Degree and enroll in the 2+2 program for elementary education:
- Submit an RSCC Admissions Application. Indicate on the application you are interested in an AST degree.
- Submit required proof of immunizations.
- Submit OFFICIAL transcripts from all high schools or colleges you have attended to the Office of Records and Registration. An official transcript is one that is in an unopened sealed envelope from the high school or college.
- If you are under 21, and have taken the ACT test within the last 3 years and your score on all parts is 19 or better, you will NOT be required to take the ACCUPLACER placement test to determine if you need any Learning Support courses. If you are 21 and over, you WILL be required to take the ACCUPLACER test. The RSCC Counseling Center can provide the times and locations where the tests will be given.
- See your advisor to help you prepare a degree checklist. Your advisor information can be found on RaiderNet.
- At this point you can begin completing your Learning Support courses, General Education courses and the courses required for the AST degree.
Transfer Teaching, Elementary Education (K-5) Transfer Options
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulation and by Tennessee board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998