Want to work for the Learning Center? Well, we would love to have you!
The RSCC Learning Center strives to create a vibrant comfortable environment for students to learn and work, and we are always looking for great tutors to help us meet our goals! Tutors should have a positive attitude and a willingness to tackle their subject area with creativity, skill and compassion. Keep in mind--although we only have Learning Centers on three campuses, we are always looking for tutors for all RSCC branch campuses!
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Provide tutoring consultations in person and electronically for students, faculty, community members and staff at the RSCC Learning Centers
- Provide computer consultations for students, faculty, community members and staff at the RSCC Learning Centers
- Assist the Specialists and Director in the implementation of special projects to promote interest in scholarship and student responsibility
- Assist the Specialists and Director in early intervention and retention efforts across the curriculum
- Help promote Learning Center services throughout the college.
- Applicant must have completed coursework or degree in the specialized subject area to be tutored
- Must obtain a GPA of 3.5 or higher in specialized subject area to be tutored
- Must obtain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Computer skills in Microsoft applications preferred.
- Experience in Course Management Systems e.g. D2L and Web 2.0 applications preferred
- Primary subject areas are English (writing and reading), Math(all levels including Probability and Statistics), and Sciences (Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics).
If you are interested in working in...
Contact Ann Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org or (931) 456-9880 ext. 4137
Contact Robin Leib at email@example.com or (865) 354 - 3000 ext. 2326
Harriman, Loudon, Morgan, Fentress, Scott, or Campbell:
Contact Jenny Rowan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 354-3000 ext. 4329
***All applicants must fill out a Roane State application at the TBR application page.***
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998