“It's more of a community. Some of the teachers will provide coffee. The faculty understand that you are in evening classes because, during the day, you have kids or a job. The faculty understand you have more going on than school. As long as you make the time for school, you can do it. And, it's a nice little break to do something for yourself. When you go to school, you are making a point to accomplish something for yourself.”
Evening student, married with two children
You want a college education but you need to work. There just is not enough time during the day.
Guess what? You do not have to choose between work, family and advancing your education. Through Roane State’s evening classes, you can make steady progress toward your degree while you work.
Taking classes while you work is challenging, but you can do it! With Roane State’s evening classes, you will have support. You will be part of a community of students who are all facing the same challenge. Students in Roane State evening classes study together, build friendships and encourage each other as they pursue their degrees.
Learn more about which evening program might be right for you:
- Business, (No Concentration), A.A.S. Degree
- Contemporary Management, A.A.S. Degree
- Early Childhood Education, A.A.S. Degree
- Early Childhood Education, Certificate
- Environmental Health Technology, A.A.S. Degree
- Financial Services, A.A.S. Degree
- General Technology, A.A.S. Degree
- General Transfer, A.S. Degree
- Geographic Information Systems, A.A.S. Degree
- Geographic Information Systems, Certificate
- Mechatronics, A.A.S. Degree
- Mechatronics, Certificate
- Nursing (LPN Mobility Program), A.A.S. Degree
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998