PART ONE: Getting Started
- Apply to Roane State: go to Roane State web page, and click on "Apply Now" proceed with application process. Ensure to electronically sign Hepatitis B during application process. Apply Now link: http://www.roanestate.edu/?6958-Admissions-Office
- To receive your GiBill Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and learn more about VA education benefits, go to Roane’s Veterans Services web sites: www.roanestate.edu/veterans and https://www.vets.gov/education/apply/ NOTE: when applying for GiBill or transferring your GiBill to Roane State, ensure you provide banking info (for direct deposit), solid mailing address, submit electronically, take note of the confirmation number.
- After your admissions application is accepted, you'll receive your RSCC Student ID number (begins with R). Make note of this: ____________________
- Continue checking your RaiderNet account alerts, Raidernet email and personal email for further admissions requirements and guidance.
PART TWO: Admission Documents
- Provide me or one our other satellite campuses with Official (In sealed envelopes) High School Transcripts and any other prior Official College Transcripts.
- Provide me proof of Citizenship: copy of TN driver’s license.
- Provide me proof of Immunizations: MMR 1, MMR2, CP1, CP2 -- If military veteran, provide me a copy of your DD-214 Member 4, which can satisfy all immunization requirements.
- If you are 21 years of age or older, ensure to schedule the Accuplacer entrance Placement Test, Go to link, see all dates, times, locations and instructions for exam registration at: http://www.roanestate.edu/?10783-ACCUPLACER
PART THREE: Financial Aid Requirements
Apply now for the FAFSA. Once submitted, always check RaiderNet account alerts and Roane State email for further Financial Aid outstanding requirements & guidance.
Further Guidance (read thoroughly):
- Once you electronically submit for GiBill, you should receive your COE from the VA in the mail in a few weeks, provide me a copy, you keep original. Always remember VA GiBill only pays for classes which are under your declared major/curriculum of study. FAFSA financial aid (pell grants) do not count against your GiBill.
- Always check your RaiderNet Account and Alerts, go to Roane State web page, at top click on "RaiderNet", log in. Always check your Raidernet Email account as well, go to Roane State web page, at top click on "RaiderNet", log in, click on Email.
- Ensure to submit to Roane State all official copies of your high school transcript or GED & all previous traditional colleges transcripts (in sealed envelopes), either mailed to our records folks or mailed to you, keep in sealed envelope, then hand deliver to me OR one of our satellite campuses (most efficient).
- Provide me a copy of your DD-214 member 4 & military JST or CCAF transcripts (military transcripts does not have to be official). To obtain your JST, visit web site: https://jst.doded.mil/smart/signIn.do To obtain your CCAF transcript, visit web site: http://www.airuniversity.af.mil/Barnes/CCAF/Display/Article/803247
- Remember, your degree works and our school catalog are great references to curriculum of study requirements and school policies. Take responsibility for your education and future!
Veterans Services Coordinator
Click above for email address
(865) 354-3000 ext. 4210
Fax: (865) 882-4552
Harriman Campus, Dunbar Bldg, Room 100B
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998