PART ONE: Getting Started
- Apply to Roane State: go to Roane State web page, and click on "Apply Now" proceed with application process. Ensure to electronically sign Hepatitis B during application process. www.roanestate.edu/apply
- After your admissions application is accepted, anticipate RaiderNet Logon instructions via personal email, follow those instructions. Then continue checking your RaiderNet account for alerts & personal email for further admissions requirements and guidance. Once you are fully accepted to Roane State, then begin checking your RaiderNet email for further guidance and instructions.
- To apply for your GI Bill® (a VA educational program) or updating an existing VA educational program, go to https://www.vets.gov/education/apply/ and click “Select Correct Form”.
NOTE: when applying for GI Bill® or changing your place of training to Roane State, ensure you provide banking info (for direct deposit), solid mailing address, submit electronically, take note of the confirmation number. To learn more about VA education benefits, go to Roane’s Veterans Services web site www.roanestate.edu/veterans
PART TWO: Admission Documents
- Provide Roane State Admissions and Records (276 Patton Ln, Harriman, Tn 37748) with Official (In sealed envelopes) High School Transcripts and any other prior Official College Transcripts.
- In person to any of our satellite campuses, provide proof of Citizenship: mainly copy of TN driver’s license.
- Provide me a copy of your DD-214 Member 4, which can satisfy all immunization requirements.
- If you are 21 years of age or older, ensure to schedule the Accuplacer entrance Placement Test, Go to link, see all dates, times, locations and instructions for exam registration at www.roanestate.edu/?10783-ACCUPLACER
PART THREE: Financial Aid Requirements
Apply now for the FAFSA at www.roanestate.edu/?7002-FAFSA Once submitted, always check RaiderNet account alerts and Roane State email for further Financial Aid outstanding requirements & guidance.
Further Guidance (read thoroughly):
- Once you electronically submit for GI Bill®, you should receive your COE from the VA in the mail in a few weeks, provide me a copy, you keep original. Always remember VA GI Bill® only pays for classes which are under your declared major/curriculum of study. FAFSA financial aid (Pell grants) do not count against your GI Bill®. Though Tennessee Reconnect does count against your Post 9/11 GI BILL®. For National Guard members, Tennessee Strong maybe available to you. Ask your unit administration if you qualify and how to go about applying. Tennessee Strong and Post 9/11 cannot be used at the same time for the same classes.
- Always check your RaiderNet Account and Alerts, go to Roane State web page, at top click on "RaiderNet", log in. Always check your RaiderNet Email account as well, go to Roane State web page, at top click on "RaiderNet", log in, click on Email.
- Ensure to submit to Roane State all official copies of your high school transcript or GED & all previous traditional colleges transcripts (in sealed envelopes), either mailed to our admissions department or mailed to you, keep in sealed envelope, then hand deliver to me OR one of our satellite campuses (most efficient).
- Provide me a copy of your DD-214 member 4, military Joint Services Transcripts (JST) (JST's do not have to be official). To obtain your JST, visit web site: https://jst.doded.mil/smart/signIn.do For Airforce personnel, to obtain your Community College of the Airforce (CCAF) transcript, visit web site: http://www.airuniversity.af.mil/Barnes/CCAF/Display/Article/803247 CCAF transcripts are considered official transcripts, therefore will need to be received by our admissions department in sealed envelopes.
- Remember, your DegreeWorks and our school Catalog are great references for your curriculum of study requirements and school policies.
Take responsibility for your education and future!
Veterans Services Coordinator
Click above for email address
(865) 354-3000 ext. 4210
Fax: (865) 882-4552
Harriman Campus, Dunbar Bldg, Room 100B
© Roane State Community College
Roane State Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Roane State. View full non-discrimination policy.
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998