Roane State Community College
Information Technology provides technology and technology support services to Roane State Community College students, faculty and staff. IT strives to provide the most up-to-date technology possible to support the administrative needs and facilitate the teaching and learning mission of Roane State Community College.
Vision: Roane State Community College will be the leading two-year institution within the Tennessee Board of Regents and the State of Tennessee in the use and application of technology.
Mission: The Information Technology Department's mission is:
- Support technology by providing up-to-date technology and user-centered information technology and services for the college.
- Secure technology by minimizing risk and ensuring data and information systems are technically sound, secure and reliable.
- Provide technology that meets the needs of students, faculty and staff through standardization and selection of reliable vendors.
- Research technology by identifying and procuring new products and services that will, where practical, both reduce costs and provide for best practices and support the institution’s strategic goals and objectives.
Values: Information Technology will perform its duties following the values here:
- Honesty – Truthful and instilling trust in our actions.
- Integrity – Doing what you say you will do; the right thing, even if no one knows it.
- Respect – Respect for each other; respect for other departments; respect for authority.
- Pursuit of Excellence – In our work and our relationships.
- Customer Satisfaction – Strive to delight our customers by exceeding expectations.
- Customer First – Always put the convenience of our customers before ours. If you don’t know the answer, help them find someone who does. Don’t pass the buck.
- Innovation – Always look for a better way to do things.
- Freedom to fail – Use you initiative to solve problems. It is okay if it does not work, try something else.
Information Technology has the following Departments:
- Administrative Systems Department – This office is responsible for Administrative and Academic computing support through the management of the Banner system which includes the Banner Human Recourses and Payroll, Banner Finance , Banner Student Information System, and Banner Self Service modules. They also manage the Payment Gateway, Appworx, ePrint, the Operational Data Store and Electronic Data Warehouse, Webfocus, Banner Document Imaging Suite and Evisions. They are staffed by a Director, systems analyst and programmers.
- Network, Telecommunications and Technical Support Department – This office is responsible for managing and supporting all microcomputers, servers, networking equipment and operating the Help Desk. They manage the Exchange Server (email), all network servers, the Active Directory Server, the Network Attached Storage Server, Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phones, the IDEA Rooms and all microcomputer labs. The Help Desk provides a single point of contact for all technical support issues. NTS is also responsible for managing the RaiderNet portal.
Information Technology Services include:
- Maintenance and support of all general computing systems, printers and administrative computing systems.
- Installation and maintenance of all Roane State Community College networks.
- Maintenance of all student microcomputer laboratories.
- Short and long range planning, implementation and maintenance of information technology.
- Provide a technology liaison with the Tennessee Board of Regents Information Technology staff.
- Plan for the regular replacement and upgrade of hardware, peripherals, software and operating systems used by Roane State Community College students, faculty and staff.
- Review emerging technology and trends to assess the impact on Information Technology at Roane State Community College.
For more information, please feel free to contact us at
Roane State Community College
Information Technology Division
276 Patton Lane
Harriman, TN 37748
© Roane State Community College